Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Rap & Hip-Hop (https://www.musicbanter.com/rap-hip-hop/)
-   -   Kanye West (https://www.musicbanter.com/rap-hip-hop/607-kanye-west.html)

dark shadow 10-14-2009 09:33 PM

Kanye actually saddens me. He started off so promising with songs like "Jesus Walks" and "Homecoming" I even was ok with the 30 versions of "Stronger" he put out. However, once he found auto tune I just can't agree with the direction he chose to take his music. On the "808's and Heartbreaks" album, the songs are just so boring. There is scarcely any rapping on those tracks, instead choosing to pretend like he can sing. I will say it now, auto-tuning songs takes zero talent. In fact..... YouTube - Auto-Tune the News #8 WITH T-PAIN!

Kirby 10-14-2009 09:54 PM

Dark Shadow, KanYe said more than once that 808's and Heartbreaks is not a Hip-Hop album.

overdoser 10-15-2009 03:34 PM

autotuning is gonna be the sound from now on. 70's had sick ass music 80's had crap ass music 90's had grunge! 00's had I dunno really...just a big mush of bull**** and now for the 2010's it's gonna be hardcore auto tune...Even Big Lurch told me when he records over the phone(keep an eye out for the mixtape!) he's gonna have them auto tune it so it doesn't even sound like he's in jail.

so that is my prediction for the next 10 years :P

Personally I like the sound of X-Raided's Unforgiven album and Mac Dre's Punk Police. I don't know if they used auto tune but the roomsize and phone definitely make it raw.

Sorry to go so off topic :P :P I just can't stand listening to the radio now because no one uses THEIR voice anymore...even in pop and rock....sad.

Kirby 10-15-2009 05:00 PM

KanYe said there's no autotune on his next record, actually.

Jester 10-15-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overdoser (Post 752870)
autotuning is gonna be the sound from now on. 70's had sick ass music 80's had crap ass music 90's had grunge! 00's had I dunno really...just a big mush of bull**** and now for the 2010's it's gonna be hardcore auto tune...Even Big Lurch told me when he records over the phone(keep an eye out for the mixtape!) he's gonna have them auto tune it so it doesn't even sound like he's in jail.

so that is my prediction for the next 10 years :P

Personally I like the sound of X-Raided's Unforgiven album and Mac Dre's Punk Police. I don't know if they used auto tune but the roomsize and phone definitely make it raw.

Sorry to go so off topic :P :P I just can't stand listening to the radio now because no one uses THEIR voice anymore...even in pop and rock....sad.

The 80's was a fucking excellent time for punk / hardcore, Nirvana at their best, and the real manifestation of hip hop.

dark shadow 10-15-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirby (Post 752569)
Dark Shadow, KanYe said more than once that 808's and Heartbreaks is not a Hip-Hop album.

I understand that it really wasn't a hip-hop album, and I'm sure he has made that clarification, even though I haven't heard it directly. Still, I hate the direction he took his music, along with Lil Wayne(To a more annoying extent). If anyone can make a song where it sounds like their singing, than what is really the point in making music? You can say the lyrics take talent to write, but a lot of times the lyrics are either written by someone else or controlled by the record company. Why learn to control your voice if you can just pitch-correct? Why sign a talented artist when you can take anyone and auto-tune it to the point where it sounds well sung?

Surell 10-15-2009 09:29 PM

Autotune doesn't sound well sung. It sounds like a robot on codeine.

overdoser 10-16-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Kanye Said there's no auto tune on his next record actually
wow really? thats hard to believe :P

Quote:

The 80's was a ****ing excellent time for punk / hardcore, Nirvana at their best, and the real manifestation of hip hop
yes but I was referring to the SOUND of the 80's. the 80's sound was hair metal. not that all that other stuff wasn't out. but it wasn't the FAD.

Erika! 10-16-2009 12:55 PM

He's a jackass, and I don't even enjoy any of his music.

Kirby 10-16-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erika! (Post 753387)
He's a jackass, and I don't even enjoy any of his music.

I agree with the bolded part.
I personally enjoy most of his music.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:49 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.