Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

That Niggas in Poorest song is pretty sick, I'm not one for the preachier subjects but Def always handles it in a manner that just seems less melodramatic.

Has anyone here heard Katrina Clap? It's another Def song that came out right after Hurricane Katrina, it's pretty illlin too.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Yeah dude that was off True Magic, the album that the critics ripped apart unfairly.

It has a lot of fun stuff, especially him rapping over liquid swords.

Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

I didn't know critics even had the right to rip apart Mos Def albums. I thought it was in their contract to praise him?

He has a nice beat selection too, judging by those two choices. Was this a mixtape he did back in the day? I didn't know he was in that game.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

It's a album, but only features like 2 tracks with original production (done by mos def)

this one is pretty tight also


He's always been good at staying current.

Mos put out a pretty crummy release with New Danger and i think people were kinda trying to write him off afterwards. He gets a lot of his status from being a actor(pretty good one too check out the "woodsmen"), but neither him or talib have put out anything comparable to blackstar.

Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Mos put out a pretty crummy release with New Danger and i think people were kinda trying to write him off afterwards. He gets a lot of his status from being a actor(pretty good one too check out the "woodsmen"), but neither him or talib have put out anything comparable to blackstar.
Yeah, New Danger is definitely a failed experiment. True Magic is alright.
As for Mos Def's acting, watch Bamboozled.

I couldn't find a decent video for it but Black Star did a nice live rendition of What's Beef on Chappelle's show. I think it was cut from the original broadcast but it's on the DVD of whatever season of the series. Hell, nobody's gonna buy that now so here's what's on youtube. The sound is much better on the DVD of course.

__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,424
Default

Talking of the song Beef...

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

What is that, exactly? I kinda like it(?)
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,424
Default

gutbucketdownload
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Still was wondering what it was. Was it a collaborative thing with mos? Or was it a verse mixed in?

They're is no wiki for gutbucket I am blind!!
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,424
Default

It's basically a remix album which uses either original or sampled blues tracks with some popular songs, for example, The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson.

Apparently Beck and DangerMouse had some part to play.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.