Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Chocolate Homunculus
 
Phantom Limb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
whack as fuck argument, seriously. especially nowadays? jesus christ
I know, right? Now it's more of an East vs. West vs. Midwest vs. Canada vs. Mexicans vs. UK vs. everyone else. Get it right people!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Hip Hop generally bores me now I just listen to stuff I know will be slightly interesting.

Last.Fm

My Bomb Music Shit
Phantom Limb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

I've been saying for a long time there needs to be some kind-off topographical map for rappers locations.

It could include poverty levels as well as popular dance moves from said area, ie "jerk-movement terrority"
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,320
Default

I think there's a wealthy amount of good information for a good debate coming from talking about the east and west coast. It's just like discussing different bands in genres.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default

People wanting to compare artists on a music forum? Surely not...
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankycaaant View Post
People wanting to compare artists on a music forum? Surely not...
^^^^^
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

but your comparing outdated artists based on an outdated perception of their geographical "allegiance" so-to-speak.

It's not relevant to the artists, the genre, or to the fans anymore. It was an effective media ploy from two decades ago.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,424
Default

I am not even having the debate, I just listed the West Coast rappers I like from the list available on Wikipedia.

I know there is no real difference, just a matter of how many happen to be from which coast, and the blind luck of them being better in your eyes.

But I don't see it as being "outdated" at all. We talk about old music all the time, it's part of the forum.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

I see what your saying, similar to comparing Chicago style jazz to new Orleans or something.

Difference is it was a smaller world, and as a result more clear distinctions in sound and character.

East vs West is just so general, and really only revolves around a handful of artists anyway (snoop, pac, biggie), it's just a really trite debate.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
midnight rain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I see what your saying, similar to comparing Chicago style jazz to new Orleans or something.

Difference is it was a smaller world, and as a result more clear distinctions in sound and character.

East vs West is just so general, and really only revolves around a handful of artists anyway (snoop, pac, biggie), it's just a really trite debate.
Well it's better than asking whether people prefer American music or British (which doesn't even specify a genre), but we have a thread for that debate.
__________________
last.fm
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Well it's better than asking whether people prefer American music or British (which doesn't even specify a genre), but we have a thread for that debate.
Was going to mention this. There's also a Beach Boys Vs Beatles thread.
That's apparently not a stupid conversation to have.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.