Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #181 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
FrigginParadox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY/LA
Posts: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Oh okay then, no music in the world is crappy.
No matter how much i rant about certain music being crappy i belive what you said is true to some degree weather i like it or not. Cus music thats crappy to someone could be great to someone else.
FrigginParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #182 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Oh okay then, no music in the world is crappy.
Crappy music sure. Crappy music that has a career like jay? not as much
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #183 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrigginParadox View Post
No matter how much i rant about certain music being crappy i belive what you said is true to some degree weather i like it or not. Cus music thats crappy to someone could be great to someone else.
We're back to opinion again though. There is definitely crappy music, if there wasn't there'd be no point to having this forum, every discussion would just be "I like this, I like that." It's effectively saying the only difference between a good musician and a bad musician is whether someone thinks they're good or bad, which is obviously daft.

I admit I like some crap music. I dislike some good music too, purely because it doesn't entertain me.

Quote:
To reitterate an earlier point, how much you like it, isn't indicative of how good it is on a general level.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #184 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
midnight rain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,662
Default

Jansz, does your way of viewing this translate into other mediums of art?

Would you argue that Ernest Hemingway was a terrible writer if you didn't like him?
__________________
last.fm
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #185 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
FrigginParadox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY/LA
Posts: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegma covered bell-end View Post
We're back to opinion again though. There is definitely crappy music, if there wasn't there'd be no point to having this forum, every discussion would just be "I like this, I like that." It's effectively saying the only difference between a good musician and a bad musician is whether someone thinks they're good or bad, which is obviously daft.

I admit I like some crap music. I dislike some good music too, purely because it doesn't entertain me.



I understand what your saying 100%. But it seems like when it comes to music their is always conflict with the facts and the opinion of weather music is good or not. like whats the definition of crap music? i feel that we all have our own opinions of it, but then again that's another opinion. It is kind of a hard thing.

But I do like some of what most would say is crap music. I like some ignorant hard music like waka flocka or cheif keef and even some of Lil B's crap when he chooses not to actually try and spit which is 95% of the time lol. But i know what your saying and i can agree to that counter arguement
FrigginParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #186 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Circular argument? I made the same point.
Yes, you began with the conclusion you were trying to arrive at. It was a circular argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
You say talk to me in 15 years (again here we are going to the future) and im trying to reflect on my past 15 years of music listening. There is no artist that comes to my head that i hated 15 years ago that still remains very influential. Eddie Vedder had that into the wild sound track but i don't think hes that influential.
How old are you out of curiosity? I was under the impression you were in your early 20s.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #187 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Jansz, does your way of viewing this translate into other mediums of art?

Would you argue that Ernest Hemingway was a terrible writer if you didn't like him?
Sure. Though comparing Jay-Z to Hemingway is pretty hilarious.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #188 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Yes, you began with the conclusion you were trying to arrive at. It was a circular argument.
Your as guilty. You've told me to look into the future like every time
Quote:
How old are you out of curiosity? I was under the impression you were in your early 20s.
irrelevant really. im older than you, actually.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #189 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
midnight rain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Sure. Though comparing Jay-Z to Hemingway is pretty hilarious.
Didn't you compare Jay-Z to One Direction?

Anyways, I can't believe you'd think that. Hemingway's impact is huge and undeniable, regardless of personal taste.
__________________
last.fm
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #190 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Your as guilty. You've told me to look into the future like every time
So, basically, what you're saying is you don't know what circular reasoning is. Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
irrelevant really. im older than you, actually.
Riiiiight.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.