Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #61 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
Do you know a lot about how "african american" rappers speak? Do all "african american" rappers insult their fan bases of colour? You're still making this out to be a minor thing when she's insulting PEOPLE WHO ORIGINATED THE CULTURE holy **** why is this so hard for you to get? Like wow I am truly baffled that you're writing off her racism so easily.
It's not hard to get but it's easy to ignore when you like a certain artist.

The awful things they do and say don't matter as much because you like their material.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #62 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
It's not hard to get but it's easy to ignore when you like a certain artist.

The awful things they do and say don't matter as much because you like their material.
Don't you think that's really really questionable? I mean you might as well be liking Skrewdriver but gee you don't mind their politics, it's their guitar work and energy that gets you all hot and bothered!
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #63 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
Don't you think that's really really questionable? I mean you might as well be liking Skrewdriver but gee you don't mind their politics, it's their guitar work and energy that gets you all hot and bothered!
Oh I didn't say it applied to me. I'm just explaining the behavior of it and why some people do it.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #64 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Oh I didn't say it applied to me. I'm just explaining the behavior of it and why some people do it.
Thank you Captain Obvious
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #65 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
Thank you Captain Obvious


At your service!
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #66 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
fixed!


I was using my phone so there was bound to be some errors.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #67 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
It's not hard to get but it's easy to ignore when you like a certain artist.

The awful things they do and say don't matter as much because you like their material.
I totally agree with what you're saying DJ. Honestly I don't really care if she is allegedly racist or not, because I listen to the music not what she says.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #68 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I totally agree with what you're saying DJ. Honestly I don't really care if she is allegedly racist or not, because I listen to the music not what she says.
.

If you like the product, buy/listen to the product.

Some of the people I listen to are arseholes. One tried to kill his pregnant girlfriend by hitting her over the head with a pipe then drowning her in a canal.

Still bought his mixtape after that though.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #69 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Kittens View Post
.

If you like the product, buy/listen to the product.

Some of the people I listen to are arseholes. One tried to kill his pregnant girlfriend by hitting her over the head with a pipe then drowning her in a canal.

Still bought his mixtape after that though.
That's exactly right. We can't control what our ears love. We also can't control the way artists behave whether it's positive or negative. The only time I've boycotted an artist was Chris Brown after he beat up RiRi.

Eminem is just as bad when it comes to extreme lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eminem/kim.html
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #70 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
That's exactly right. We can't control what our ears love. We also can't control the way artists behave whether it's positive or negative. The only time I've boycotted an artist was Chris Brown after he beat up RiRi.

Eminem is just as bad when it comes to extreme lyrics: EMINEM LYRICS - Kim
Basically.

Saying that though I actually don't think Kim was that bad tbh, well not in comparison to Kill You and Criminal anyway, they were far more offensive. Though Eminem is clearly wumming people.

There's a guy I listen to occasionally called Durrty Goodz and he's a genuinely racist fucker (drops the C-Bomb regularly, makes offensive generalisations about whites). Bought his single though.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.