Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Rock & Metal (https://www.musicbanter.com/rock-metal/)
-   -   Rammstein (https://www.musicbanter.com/rock-metal/10012-rammstein.html)

Key 04-04-2012 11:19 PM

There actually already is an existing thread:

http://www.musicbanter.com/rock-meta...ight=rammstein

Howard the Duck 04-04-2012 11:53 PM

well, the Mods should merge this with that thread, then

Travis_Bickle 04-05-2012 02:04 PM

I finally have a chance to see these guys’ insane live show but am **** out of luck as I don’t have any money right now.
I have all of Rammstein’s releases and listen to “Live Aus Berlin” the most (amazing live album!) but enjoy everything they did with maybe the exception of “Rosenrot” which was a little on the weak side.
The only concern I have is that the band doesn’t seem to vary their style or sound very much and this may start to grow old on subsequent releases.

BastardofYoung 04-05-2012 02:36 PM

not a fan. Rammstein are the perfect example of a band that is image over art. Their music isn't very good, and has recycled itself for years.. most likely just cause they put more thought into fire and simulated butt sex than they do writing something memorable.

BastardofYoung 04-05-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard the Duck (Post 1174153)
i only really love "Herzeleid" and "Sehnsucht"

the ones from "Mutter" onwards are pretty patchy, some high notes with extremely low ones

there are translations of varying accuracy on the Net, of their lyrics

me, I bought a German-English dictionary to do the translation myself


Rammstein in English is hilarious. I loved listening to Til sing in English...


and can not forget the laugh riot that is their cover of Depeche Mode.



seriously, if you don't find this hilarious. I am concerned for you. No way this is meant to be serious.

Howard the Duck 04-05-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis_Bickle (Post 1174463)
I finally have a chance to see these guys’ insane live show but am **** out of luck as I don’t have any money right now.
I have all of Rammstein’s releases and listen to “Live Aus Berlin” the most (amazing live album!) but enjoy everything they did with maybe the exception of “Rosenrot” which was a little on the weak side.
The only concern I have is that the band doesn’t seem to vary their style or sound very much and this may start to grow old on subsequent releases.

i think "lichthaus" is a better live show, personally, but it's only available as a DVD

Quote:

Originally Posted by BastardofYoung (Post 1174473)
not a fan. Rammstein are the perfect example of a band that is image over art. Their music isn't very good, and has recycled itself for years.. most likely just cause they put more thought into fire and simulated butt sex than they do writing something memorable.

boo! hiss!

The Batlord 04-06-2012 09:15 AM

I used to be a die hard fan back in the day. Nowadays, they sorta bore me. Their music sounds rather bland and uninspired to me these days. And after hearing Laibach and KMFDM, any respect for their "otherness" sorta went out the window. Derivative much?

Howard the Duck 04-06-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 1174755)
I used to be a die hard fan back in the day. Nowadays, they sorta bore me. Their music sounds rather bland and uninspired to me these days. And after hearing Laibach and KMFDM, any respect for their "otherness" sorta went out the window. Derivative much?

still extremely catchy, though

the first 2 albums, anyway

silverwick 04-06-2012 09:24 AM

The thing about Rammstein is; if you do not own proper audio equipment, you have not actually heard them!
The discs they produce are state of the art and therefore require correspondingly quality music set ups, in order to fully appreciate them.
You Tube is a compressed dead loss and responsible for 'dumbing down' many so called fans of any groups.
Especially german bands like Rammstein and Eloy who spend a great deal on production

Lady Asana 04-08-2012 07:59 PM

A very special and dear friend of mine once told me the same thing about not 'hearing' the music without a proper rig. In fact without one, I have been told...the listener 'misses' the dimension of sound....and the actual quality and depth of the instrumentation. This is not only true for Rammsteing and Eloy....but for all other stellar prog bands and their respective material. Is this not so?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:14 AM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.