|12-13-2005, 12:37 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Zealand
Forgive me for yet another ****heap greatest thread, but this might be one that you actually have to think about. I wanted to make a thread similar to the Demographics where you just give me some quickfire (though well thought-through) answers.
In this thread: "Greatest" = consideration of vocal range and stability. Solo's - complexity versus emotion felt. The overall package - the ratio of complexity versus emotion felt.
IN YOUR OPINION:
1. The greatest song since January, 2004? Yes, 2004.
2. The greatest song of the Grunge scene, years 89 - 96?
3. The greatest song over 6 minutes, but under 8 minutes?
4. The greatest song exceeding 9 minutes?
5. The greatest song under 2 minutes?
6. The greatest song that the critics have generally hated?
7. The greatest song to come from America?
8. The greatest song to come from Britain?
Annnnnnd GO! 8 simple answers....pffft, simple....haha have fun team.
She thinks I'm a reclusive genius, she's going to be very disappointed when she finds out i'm a reclusive wanker
|12-13-2005, 01:19 AM||#2 (permalink)|
Shadow on the wall
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Zealand
1.Worth Fighting For - Judas Priest
2.Man In The Box - Alice In Chains
3.Blood Brothers - Iron Maiden
4.Ina Gaddada Vida - Iron Butterfly (all 17 minutes and 8 seconds)
5.Not sure who does it, but it's a punk version of Kansas' Dust In The Wind
6.Don't pay much attention to what the critics reccommend
7.The country or the band?.......Seriously there's too many to pick just one
8.See question 7
What are your answers?
Two thousand years of misery, of torture in my name
Hypocrisy made paramount, paranoia the law
My name is called religion, sadistic, sacred whore
|12-13-2005, 08:35 AM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2005
1. The greatest song since January, 2004? Yes, 2004. Nymphetamine
2. The greatest song of the Grunge scene, years 89 - 96? Everything about you- Ugly Kid Joe
3. The greatest song over 6 minutes, but under 8 minutes? Welcome Home (Sanitarium)- Metallica
4. The greatest song exceeding 9 minutes? ...And Justice for All- Metallica
5. The greatest song under 2 minutes? How To Build A Pessimistic Lie Detector- The Locust, 42 seconds of brilliance
6. The greatest song that the critics have generally hated? Dont look at what critics say really...
7. The greatest song to come from America? Too many...Now Youve got something to die for- Lamb Of God
8. The greatest song to come from Britain? Ohhh Paranoid/War Pigs- Sabbath
Wieder lieg ich auf der lauerDenn wir spielen unser spiel. Wieder wart ich an der mauer. Wieder steh ich kurz vorm ziel
I dont like Prince Phillip because he's a racist.I also dont like the Queen because she's German...so that leaves me in a funny situation
|12-13-2005, 10:06 AM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
2. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
3. Money - Pink Floyd
4. Close To The Edge - Yes
5. Havana Afair - The Ramones
6. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
7. Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
8. A Day In The Life - The Beatles
|12-13-2005, 01:12 PM||#5 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2004
1. Between The Buried and Me "Selkies: The Endless Obsession"
2. Nirvana "Sliver"
3. My Chemical Romance "Demolition Lovers"
4. UnderOATH "Blood Red Summer"
5. Minor Threat "Straight Edge"
7. The Used "Im a Fake"
8. Funeral For a Friend "Juneau"