Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #51 (permalink)
Trigger Happy Catalyst
 
polyphonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Springfield, Mo.
Posts: 62
Default

Job plays here in Springfield MO next month with Lamb of God and it's going to be bad ass... Silly Haters. Where's your metal band?

On a side note the name is funny as hell.

Stay f#*kin metal!
__________________
How quickly I forget that this is meaningless.
polyphonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #52 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hip hop bunny hop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,367
Default

Where's my metal band?

I've witnessed Monstrosity, Vital Remains, and Anal **** in Missouri + many lesser known bands.

Job for a Cowboy can't hold a candle to old school death metal.
hip hop bunny hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #53 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Victory Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 59
Default

JFAC have (thank god) seemed to abandon their deathcore background and now they demand respect from their haters with Ruination, which in my honest opinion is a great death metal album.
__________________
my last.fm profile
Victory Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:26 PM   #54 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Guy View Post
JFAC have (thank god) seemed to abandon their deathcore background and now they demand respect from their haters with Ruination, which in my honest opinion is a great death metal album.
Ehhhhhhh, I wouldn't go as far to say it's a "great" death metal album.

It's decent, and when compared to their earlier stuff, it could be considered great. But.. when comparing it to death metal as a whole? It's pretty bland and extremely forgettable.
Phobophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #55 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Victory Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobophile View Post
Ehhhhhhh, I wouldn't go as far to say it's a "great" death metal album.

It's decent, and when compared to their earlier stuff, it could be considered great. But.. when comparing it to death metal as a whole? It's pretty bland and extremely forgettable.
Calling it great may have taken it a bit to far, but still I'll label it as good. It actually sorta blew me away when I heard it because I was expecting them to go back to their 'Doom' days but no, they continued where 'Genesis' went off and played pure death metal.
I wouldn't call it forgettable but I guess musically it was nothing special, I guess the driving force behind my enthusiastic opinion of the album was the surprise I got hearing it wasn't a return to Deathcore after the failure of Genesis.
__________________
my last.fm profile
Victory Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:07 AM   #56 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Guy View Post
Calling it great may have taken it a bit to far, but still I'll label it as good. It actually sorta blew me away when I heard it because I was expecting them to go back to their 'Doom' days but no, they continued where 'Genesis' went off and played pure death metal.
I wouldn't call it forgettable but I guess musically it was nothing special, I guess the driving force behind my enthusiastic opinion of the album was the surprise I got hearing it wasn't a return to Deathcore after the failure of Genesis.
Yeah I know what you mean, lol. But hey, their next album could be potentially kick ass if they keep up the pattern.

I'm more into Old School Death metal anyway, so I am being a bit biased. There's not a lot of modern stuff that I like much, heh. It all seems to focus too much on being overly technical, or just trying to be "brutal". It doesn't have the same feel to it, the same ideology old school death metal had.
Phobophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #57 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Caught these live on Saturday as support to Lamb Of God and they sucked so much. Just a damn mess. Terrible band.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.