Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2006, 03:54 PM   #61 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
You hate Bohemion Rhapsody, November Rain and Stairway To Heaven?

I take it you just dont like epics, but oh well.


Also, i think the best kind of rock music is the pompous kind.
I like epics

I like Paranoid Android and a few Can , Hawkwind, Fourtet songs over 10 mins long.I even like a couple of long Led Zep songs

I just hate boring epics that get played to death thatpeople keep telling me how great they are that all
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:57 PM   #62 (permalink)
angel of tragic days
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
I like epics

I like Paranoid Android and a few Can , Hawkwind, Fourtet songs over 10 mins long.I even like a couple of long Led Zep songs

I just hate boring epics that get played to death thatpeople keep telling me how great they are that all
you dont' like stairway to heaven.. it is a amazing song.. and i don't like the normal record verison at all.. but once i heard there live verison on the Song That Remains the same.. its not boring its actually more up beat the wayt Plant sings it.. the hole band seems to get more into it.. rather than listening to 8 minutes until you finally reach the end to hear it get heavy... just listen to the live verison.. thats when i feel in love with the song.
explosions-in-my-pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:00 PM   #63 (permalink)
The Forums Sadistic Ghost
 
Ma Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: beyond midnight, in the abyss of time, the syren in the night
Posts: 457
Default

Shook me all night long - AC/DC
Hells Bells- AC/DC
Back in Black - AC/DC

Don't wanna miss a thing- aeroshimth

comforably numb - pink floyd

pour some sugar on me- Def Leopard
__________________
I'm not a freak on a leash, I'm just the freak holding the leash.

http://www.myspace.com/yukiko_mori

Ma Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:01 PM   #64 (permalink)
angel of tragic days
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Cherie
Shook me all night long - AC/DC
Hells Bells- AC/DC
Back in Black - AC/DC

Don't wanna miss a thing- aeroshimth

comforably numb - pink floyd

pour some sugar on me- Def Leopard
are you just listing your favorite epic songs now?
explosions-in-my-pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:03 PM   #65 (permalink)
The Forums Sadistic Ghost
 
Ma Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: beyond midnight, in the abyss of time, the syren in the night
Posts: 457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by explosions-in-my-pants
are you just listing your favorite epic songs now?
nope not all of them are long,
just comforably numb by pink floyd(about 8 mins)
__________________
I'm not a freak on a leash, I'm just the freak holding the leash.

http://www.myspace.com/yukiko_mori

Ma Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:05 PM   #66 (permalink)
butt say x
 
mosesandtherubberducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: so i read the question as "Where YOU live" which was kinda funny instead of "Where you live"
Posts: 1,649
Default

Smashing Pumpkins (if they are considered rock)
__________________
Can I have a youtube video for a sig? There's a thing that says "Wrap [YOUTUBE] tags around selected text"
mosesandtherubberducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:10 PM   #67 (permalink)
The Forums Sadistic Ghost
 
Ma Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: beyond midnight, in the abyss of time, the syren in the night
Posts: 457
Default

i don't feel like piling all my japanese rock bands on you at the moment... this one summ it up:

cage - dir en grey
__________________
I'm not a freak on a leash, I'm just the freak holding the leash.

http://www.myspace.com/yukiko_mori

Ma Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:10 PM   #68 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by explosions-in-my-pants
you dont' like stairway to heaven.. it is a amazing song.. and i don't like the normal record verison at all.. but once i heard there live verison on the Song That Remains the same.. its not boring its actually more up beat the wayt Plant sings it.. the hole band seems to get more into it.. rather than listening to 8 minutes until you finally reach the end to hear it get heavy... just listen to the live verison.. thats when i feel in love with the song.
I`ll concede it`s better live.

can still think of some better Led Zep songs that don`t get anywhere near that much attention.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:15 PM   #69 (permalink)
The Forums Sadistic Ghost
 
Ma Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: beyond midnight, in the abyss of time, the syren in the night
Posts: 457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
I`ll concede it`s better live.

can still think of some better Led Zep songs that don`t get anywhere near that much attention.
you don't hear it to much over here where i'm at.

just cat scratch fever and bohemian rapsody
__________________
I'm not a freak on a leash, I'm just the freak holding the leash.

http://www.myspace.com/yukiko_mori

Ma Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #70 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
I like epics

I like Paranoid Android and a few Can , Hawkwind, Fourtet songs over 10 mins long.I even like a couple of long Led Zep songs

I just hate boring epics that get played to death thatpeople keep telling me how great they are that all
I dont think Stairway is boring at all, it is played a lot i will give you that, buts it still a classic IMO.

And i prefer the studio version to the live, i dont know how you could call the studio version boring when the live version is even longer.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.