Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2005, 11:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks
some people are a little touchy. since i like hookers and he actually respected that fact that i had a dissenting opinion, I'll give them another whirl ( a friend of mine likes them alot so i can borrow the cds).

a lilbloodred, calm yourself, you post things that are retarded al the time, such as your crack on Terri Schiavo.

im not so sure it would be classified as dissenting as it would fit into the "argument for the hell of it" catagory.

Look im no NIN fan boi but the fact is that Trent makes really good music. To dice his entire lyrical catalouge up on the fact that one line from one song doesn't fit with Shakespeare, well im sorry but its not accurate and it certainly isn't fair.

Im not here to attack but next time just attack the poster and not a band that deserves credibility.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 01:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
riseagainstrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,320
Default

^ fair is fair. and i did have a dissenting view. I didn't like them. I did however judge after one or two songs so I will give them another chance
__________________
One note timeless, came out of nowhere...
riseagainstrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:57 AM   #23 (permalink)
From beyond the grave
 
coffeeshop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Merseyside, UK
Posts: 480
Default

I love the Hand That Feeds song, can't wait to hear more of the album.
__________________
"In this Catholic Club they never had the ****ing TV on and I was going, 'That Big Brother, it won't catch on. British people won't watch that ****.' And then they went, at nine o' clock, 'Shh!' and turned the telly on! It was, like, people asleep in bed. To me, I can't understand that. The encouraging thing is, 'You were right all along, Smith: people are stupid." - Mark E Smith
coffeeshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 10:20 AM   #24 (permalink)
Let it drip
 
Sneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,421
Default

yep great song. doesnt sound as industrial as their older stuff to me.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 10:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
Let it drip
 
Sneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbloodredridinghood
I'd like to know why everyone thinks that The Downward Spiral is the nin bible just because Hurt is on it! Let's steer away from that someday, shall we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbloodredridinghood
I wasn't saying that about you, ****o, I was talking about the other one. But, I will say that I am sick of hearing everyone say that The Downward Spiral is fantastic. Although I do like it, in MY opinion it is not the greatest. The Fragile really got to me emotionally...and I do believe I have the right to say that, if I recall correctly. How can you tell someone to steer away from something they love? that's ridiculous. Don't get me wrong. Don't think The Fragile is the only album I've heard, I had a bunch of Halo's at one point, but you have to realize that my opinion is The Fragile owns all. You have your opinion I'll have mine and get on with your life. K? K?
its a small concept called personal opinion. just because you dont rate it doesnt mean everybody else has to share your view, so get over yourself petal. FURTHERMORE, you harp on about "how can you tell someone to steer clear from something they love" yet in the previous post you were saying "lets steer away from that someday shall we?" is their a rule for you then a different one for everybody else? you sound a tad hypocritical with a dose of tunnel vision.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 03:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: brighton
Posts: 28
Default

so first post and probably very controversial but NIN have done nothing good since pretty hate machine, (broken and fixed not really counting as they weren't proper albums)

the downward spiral is an awful album.......

and it just got worse...

pretty hate machine was a genre defying ground breaking piece of work and then it all went horribly borribly wrong.....
__________________
A Very Sexy girl, very hard to please
you can taste the bright lights but you won't get them for free
Iced Gems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
snickers
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: detroit
Posts: 2,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced Gems
the downward spiral is an awful album.......

pretty hate machine was a genre defying ground breaking piece of work and then it all went horribly borribly wrong.....
Are you on crack?
More for the first sentence but in the second you said,"Pretty Hate Machine was a genre defying ground breaking..." now not that that doesn't make sense but if I understood the point you were trying to make then you are wrong too. It didn't break any ground....except industrial techno.psh, I don't like you.
__________________
A mi no me importa nada
Para mi la vida es un sueño
Trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:12 PM   #28 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: brighton
Posts: 28
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickers
Are you on crack?
More for the first sentence but in the second you said,"Pretty Hate Machine was a genre defying ground breaking..." now not that that doesn't make sense but if I understood the point you were trying to make then you are wrong too. It didn't break any ground....except industrial techno.psh, I don't like you.
ahh you can't call a person's opinion about music wrong..... it's completely subjective... surely......

and it did break ground, it spawned a whole new breed of bands, whether you like that or not, it ws influential, nevermind was also an influentiual album, i think its pretty **** not as good as bleach but i'd never deny its influence...

glad to see your so quick to judge.....
__________________
A Very Sexy girl, very hard to please
you can taste the bright lights but you won't get them for free
Iced Gems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:21 PM   #29 (permalink)
snickers
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: detroit
Posts: 2,194
Default

^
Glad to see you're so quick to change the topic to a Nirvana album????
__________________
A mi no me importa nada
Para mi la vida es un sueño
Trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: brighton
Posts: 28
Default

nope not quick, just an example, i could give you more.....

stone roses......
prodigy.....
NWA.....

there are certain albums that you can't deny their significance on music even if you don't like that kind of music....

personally i hate the beatles, with a passion, but i could never deny their influence on music.......

you have to be subjective about these things
__________________
A Very Sexy girl, very hard to please
you can taste the bright lights but you won't get them for free
Iced Gems is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.