Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2021, 02:38 AM   #41 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DianneW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: S W France S. Deux Sevres
Posts: 825
Default

Love The Scorpions, can't see they are heavy metal genre so much though...more easy metal...


Extreme.....

Bryan Adams


Loads more outstanding ones..so many through the ages
How are you feeling about sitting there with you
r Mates playing Ballards these day.....or are you a closest balland listener..?

If you don't like Ballards,no point in your comments ...is there now!!!!
Plenty of other places to write up on, if they are not for you......
DianneW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 03:00 AM   #42 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DianneW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: S W France S. Deux Sevres
Posts: 825
Default





DianneW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:38 AM   #43 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 6,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneW View Post
Love The Scorpions, can't see they are heavy metal genre so much though...more easy metal...
Thats a good one. When I think of a Scorps rock ballad, this is the one that my brain defaults to:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjRas1yOWvo

...and then this follows:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVGl-psCiPs

Klaus and the boys were a big part of my musical life in the 80's.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 12:49 PM   #44 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DianneW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: S W France S. Deux Sevres
Posts: 825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Thats a good one. When I think of a Scorps rock ballad, this is the one that my brain defaults to:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjRas1yOWvo

...and then this follows:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVGl-psCiPs

Klaus and the boys were a big part of my musical life in the 80's.
Well they were not mine...life got in the way, music wise...
but caught up now somewhat...
So much I am trying to listen to still but need to do other things as well.
like all their music..I Love ballads because they are so emotional. Think that is healthy myself.....feel wrong, listen to music....it is given to us as a gift.
DianneW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:02 PM   #45 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 6,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneW View Post
Well they were not mine...life got in the way, music wise...
but caught up now somewhat...
So much I am trying to listen to still but need to do other things as well.
like all their music..I Love ballads because they are so emotional. Think that is healthy myself.....feel wrong, listen to music....it is given to us as a gift.
Absolutely.

This ones kind of a ballad I guess, and the guitar solo was voted #1 by the readers of Guitar for the Practicing Musician in the 80's:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvyBiHGr2b8
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 08:05 PM   #46 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Norg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,936
Default






some bands dont like to onslaught you with heaviness or rockness every track they like to be more melodic or acousticky

does being melodic or beautiful mean a ballad ..???
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 07:47 AM   #47 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 9
Default

The Forgotten by Green Day (Off the 'Tre' record from 2012) is my favorite ballad.

-- Ross Senack
Ross Senack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:01 PM   #48 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Chandler AZ
Posts: 7
Default

Wind of Change by Scorpion is my favorite Ballad.

Other ballads that I love included Photograph by Nickelback and If Everyone Cared by Nickelback(I know those are unpopular opinions of course).
DinoDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.