Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #111 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Norg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfanatic View Post
Let me know which so I can track them down. Nothing sounds like Metallica. I heard Testament sounds an awfully lot like Metallica. I didn't think so. Nothing sounds like Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets ...And Justice for All. Okay, nothing can quite sound like them, but I cannot put my finger on anything that sounds even close.

Black Sabbath, on the other hand, I don't know about that one. Still enlighten me, if you can
Well of course nothing can sound exactly like thoes two bands i meant similar in the same Music tree

i for one can hear very similar Guitar tones and Drum beats in alot of bands
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #112 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 43,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfanatic View Post
Black Sabbath, on the other hand, I don't know about that one. Still enlighten me, if you can








Boom.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #113 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 24
Default

Linkin Park. Don't make fun of me.
Ashir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #114 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashir View Post
Linkin Park. Don't make fun of me.
Why not, they're a terrible band and you should feel ashamed!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #115 (permalink)
Do good.
 
Blarobbarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashir View Post
Linkin Park. Don't make fun of me.
This is the first band that got you into metal. I'm guessing you were a teen around when Linkin Park was popular, so it only stands to reason that they would be your first.

Just as long as you hate them now,
__________________
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Blarobbarg

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #116 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
This is the first band that got you into metal. I'm guessing you were a teen around when Linkin Park was popular, so it only stands to reason that they would be your first.

Just as long as you hate them now,
Still am, turning 14 in a month, and I got into them when I was, what, 10? When I used to listen to Lil Wayne. You change a lot in the transition from child to teen, of course, considering you learn the most in your first 15 years than you do the entire time you're alive after that. From a brain-dead idiot to an A*-predicted pupil, changed more in a couple of years than most do in ten.

But if I'm honest, I don't hate them. I actually like a couple of their songs, most notably the more aggressive ones. The hate they receive is often unreasoned; it's usually meaningful music that's quite the therapy for the typical teenage angst.
Ashir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:28 AM   #117 (permalink)
Do good.
 
Blarobbarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashir View Post
Still am, turning 14 in a month, and I got into them when I was, what, 10? When I used to listen to Lil Wayne. You change a lot in the transition from child to teen, of course, considering you learn the most in your first 15 years than you do the entire time you're alive after that. From a brain-dead idiot to an A*-predicted pupil, changed more in a couple of years than most do in ten.

But if I'm honest, I don't hate them. I actually like a couple of their songs, most notably the more aggressive ones. The hate they receive is often unreasoned; it's usually meaningful music that's quite the therapy for the typical teenage angst.
Oh, in that case, trust me on this one. Your tastes will grow. I promise.
__________________
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Blarobbarg

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #118 (permalink)
Symphonic Metal Junkie
 
Puffnstuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 136
Default

I can't believe that a rap artist was mentioned in a metal thread.
Puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #119 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 24
Default

A lot of their songs don't have rap, and rap metal is still metal.
Ashir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:21 AM   #120 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Norg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,707
Default

Rap metal is better then Metal :P


What is metal really Manowar .....Kreator ..???? LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.