Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Rock & Metal (https://www.musicbanter.com/rock-metal/)
-   -   How you discover new bands? (https://www.musicbanter.com/rock-metal/66849-how-you-discover-new-bands.html)

hip hop bunny hop 12-28-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob. (Post 1268514)
especially now days...

just going to the labels website....can seriously open a flood gate of of new music....and almost always there are samples there

I don't know how common it is with other labels, but rhinocervs has put out a series of releases wherein the musicians are anonymous, the group has no name, the release no title... so each record is just known as the release number.

bob. 12-28-2012 03:04 PM

i can defiantly say that i've never seen this before....and man am i intrigued

thankfully i still have a cassette player in the car

Puffnstuff 12-28-2012 07:12 PM

Last.fm has been my best guide for finding new music over the years especially after they merged with audioscrobbler.

fck 12-29-2012 12:50 PM

I use bandcamp for lots of my new band searchs. Or if I hear that there is a band coming to my town I look them up and their influences/supporting acts to see if there is anything I like.

Ashir 12-30-2012 07:53 AM

Really, I just roam about on YouTube.

doronla 12-31-2012 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob. (Post 1268511)
in another thread you mention that you like grunge music.....i'll assume that you like that band called Nirvana right?

...

seems this band Scratch Acid was a pretty big influence on Nirvana and possible many others in the grunge scene.....so...i dn't know maybe start with Scratch Acid and see what they are all about

I took your recomendation and listened to these guys, got preety disapointed though... Too much punk there... Actually among all the famous bands that came out in the 90's grunge, Nirvana is my least favorite band... Now, Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains, this is something else!

Isbjørn 12-31-2012 07:38 AM

Nirvana had punk influences. Thea also had hard rock, metal and early emo influences. A band that influenced Nirvana isn't neccesarily grunge, because grunge was a quite young genre when they debuted.

hip hop bunny hop 12-31-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob. (Post 1268762)
i can defiantly say that i've never seen this before....and man am i intrigued

thankfully i still have a cassette player in the car

link - this is the best write up I've seen of these weird releases.

bob. 01-02-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop (Post 1269722)
link - this is the best write up I've seen of these weird releases.

yeah i'm gonna pick up RH-07 and RH-12 when i get paid Friday....just based on the covers

seriously thanks for the heads up on this....sounds very interesting....i love the idea of dropping all stigma and personality and concentrating solely on the music

bob. 01-02-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doronla (Post 1269603)
I took your recomendation and listened to these guys, got preety disapointed though... Too much punk there... Actually among all the famous bands that came out in the 90's grunge, Nirvana is my least favorite band... Now, Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains, this is something else!


i am sorry....


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:56 PM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.