Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 11:51 PM   #211 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
I don't understand, thrash metal and death metal are heavy metal genres. Why would you be opposed to calling them heavy metal?
They're sub genres of Heavy metal, so yes, sort of it's all heavy metal, but I (Like someone else said) Mean that specific subgenre, the more traditional metal. it's a lot more accessible than Death Metal for example, because that's an extreme genre. That's an example of why I think sub genres are important to some extent. We can't call everything rock has spawned just plain rock because it's just too different from the traditional rock genre itself. All Punk and Metal sub genres technically fall under rock, but I still call it punk and metal to be clear. Just don't overdo it with taking them way too seriously or just using ones that are pointless. Bands are still supposed to be able to have different sounds in the same genre. Sub genres are also useful for describing a bands sound to someone, or just finding similar music.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:05 AM   #212 (permalink)
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene
 
Mondo Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,594
Default

Nah, it's all about progressive psychedelic sludge metal with crust punk and thrash metal influences
__________________
https://www.last.fm/user/templeruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Hmm, what's this in my pocket?

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:11 AM   #213 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 43,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
Nah, it's all about progressive psychedelic sludge metal with crust punk and thrash metal influences
You joke, but that sounds kind of awesome. Like if Ufammamut and early Sepultura had a heavy metal baby.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:15 AM   #214 (permalink)
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene
 
Mondo Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,594
Default

I'm not joking, Kylesa rules
__________________
https://www.last.fm/user/templeruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Hmm, what's this in my pocket?

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:20 AM   #215 (permalink)
Dragon
 
Wpnfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 2,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylstew View Post
They're sub genres of Heavy metal, so yes, sort of it's all heavy metal, but I (Like someone else said) Mean that specific subgenre, the more traditional metal. it's a lot more accessible than Death Metal for example, because that's an extreme genre. That's an example of why I think sub genres are important to some extent. We can't call everything rock has spawned just plain rock because it's just too different from the traditional rock genre itself. All Punk and Metal sub genres technically fall under rock, but I still call it punk and metal to be clear. Just don't overdo it with taking them way too seriously or just using ones that are pointless. Bands are still supposed to be able to have different sounds in the same genre. Sub genres are also useful for describing a bands sound to someone, or just finding similar music.
Punk is rock? What are you talking about? Well wait, I guess it's called punk rock... Ahhhh! What have you done to me?! Nothing makes sense anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You joke, but that sounds kind of awesome. Like if Ufammamut and early Sepultura had a heavy metal baby.
Ufaa what?
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:23 AM   #216 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 43,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Ufaa what?
Think Electric Wizard on so much acid they don't even know what planet they're on.

__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:24 AM   #217 (permalink)
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene
 
Mondo Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,594
Default

Get with it BRAH



But I'm too late
__________________
https://www.last.fm/user/templeruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Hmm, what's this in my pocket?

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:41 AM   #218 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Norg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,693
Default

dis is about NU metal not sludge Stoner rock



BTW I love NU METAL !!! : p
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:48 AM   #219 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 43,607
Default

Ufomammut is newer than Limp Bizkit so it's all good.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:29 AM   #220 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,106
Default

Ufomammut is hands down one of my favorite bands of the past decade or so.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.