Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 05:32 AM   #51 (permalink)
 
Zer0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Galloway View Post
Foo Fighters or Queens of the Stone Age for me ... I'm not really a fan of either however between David Grohl and Josh Homme they have consistently remained a force and seem to keep getting better ... Especially if you take into consideration all the Side projects ... Jack White would join them two fellas as Rocks modern day holy Trinity

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk HD
Foo Fighters haven't really done anything to deserve being seen as a defining band of the 00's, I don't think they'll be remembered for the below mediocre crap they released in that decade compared to the stuff they released in the mid to late 90's. QOTSA and The White Stripes there would certainly be a case for.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC.
__________________
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:08 AM   #52 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
Foo Fighters haven't really done anything to deserve being seen as a defining band of the 00's, I don't think they'll be remembered for the below mediocre crap they released in that decade compared to the stuff they released in the mid to late 90's.
I agree, their latest album was utter junk. Being vintage recording it in their garage does not mean it's going to be automatically good. I used to really enjoy them, I still have their albums from the 90's that I play now and again. I think I passed that phase of being really into them.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:20 AM   #53 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I agree, their latest album was utter junk. Being vintage recording it in their garage does not mean it's going to be automatically good. I used to really enjoy them, I still have their albums from the 90's that I play now and again. I think I passed that phase of being really into them.
Are you really slagging off Wasting Light?
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #54 (permalink)
cooler commie than elph
 
Isbjørn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: In a hole, help
Posts: 2,633
Default

I think Wasting Light had some good songs. I know it's predictable and has some obvious melody patterns, but hey.
Isbjørn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #55 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

I know Wasting Light actually surprised me with how good it was especially the first half of the album.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #56 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Are you really slagging off Wasting Light?
I hated it.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #57 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I hated it.
I thought it was a bit formulaic, but The Foo always is. I really enjoyed Bridge Burning, Matter of Time and Miss Misery. They haven't really changed much to me period, but I can see them becoming stale to some over time. It was a good record in my estimation.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #58 (permalink)
Cardboard Box Realtor
 
LoathsomePete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hobb's End
Posts: 7,630
Default

Dave Grohl needs to do another Probot album, that was far more interesting than anything Foo Fighters have done since the '90's
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #59 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I thought it was a bit formulaic, but The Foo always is. I really enjoyed Bridge Burning, Matter of Time and Miss Misery. They haven't really changed much to me period, but I can see them becoming stale to some over time. It was a good record in my estimation.
Fair enough, but you're right, they certainly could lose their appeal with people soon. I think they need to reinvent themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Dave Grohl needs to do another Probot album, that was far more interesting than anything Foo Fighters have done since the '90's
I love Probot, I really enjoyed their music when it came out.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #60 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Rob Galloway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7
Default

I didn't like the For Fighters until I heard Wasting Light

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk HD
Rob Galloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.