Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Foo Fighters or Nirvana?
Nirvana 106 66.25%
Tie 15 9.38%
Foo Fighters 39 24.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 09:16 AM   #121 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

I prefer Foo Fighters over Nirvana but to be perfectly honest.

My knowledge of Nirvana is just Nevermind.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #122 (permalink)
watching the wheels
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 464
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Yeah, Nirvana are for sure one of those bands that I find hard to love because of their fans. That being said some of my best mates love Nirvana whereas Foo Fighters are such a boring band that I don't really know anyone wild on them.
Yep, say what you say about Nirvana, and for better or worse, probably for worse, you either like them,or hate them, it is kinda injustice just to say that they are ok. But Foo Fighters, at their best, are just ok. Hard to imagine someone who is hardcore Foo Fighters fan. And luckily someone finally understand what I meant when I talked about dumpass HC fans.

And well, I like Nevermind the most, Bleach is great too, but it is much rawer and chaotic and all (though that us what makes its so great. In Utero is great, but kinda inconsistent.
__________________
...
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #123 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
My knowledge of Nirvana is just Nevermind.
You gotta listen to Bleach, man. Regardless of what you think of the band, their debut is just fantastic.
__________________
| - || - |||
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:21 AM   #124 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
You gotta listen to Bleach, man. Regardless of what you think of the band, their debut is just fantastic.
I will give it a shot but when people constantly praise a raw sound. I tend to not end up liking it.

I'm more into a produced cleaner sound.

The same thing happened when I got reccommended to listen to The Distillers self titled but I ended up liking Coral Fang more because it didn't have that raw sound as much.

Also same thing with A7X, I loved City of Evil but A7X fans prefer their first two albums because of that "raw" feel.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:35 AM   #125 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,513
Default

^I just think Bleach was a great way for the band to start out. Yes, it has the raw feel, but as a debut, its strong in its own right.
__________________
| - || - |||
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #126 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
The same thing happened when I got reccommended to listen to The Distillers self titled but I ended up liking Coral Fang more because it didn't have that raw sound as much.
Yikes. I loved their first two albums. Rarely have I been as disappointed in a new release as I was by Coral Fang. That album was some weak, weak sauce.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #127 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Yikes. I loved their first two albums. Rarely have I been as disappointed in a new release as I was by Coral Fang. That album was some weak, weak sauce.
Coral Fang was easier to digest imo. More accessible. What didn't you like about it?
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #128 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Coral Fang was easier to digest imo. More accessible. What didn't you like about it?
The first two albums were full of songs that just grabbed you and didn't let go, Coral Fang had literally one good song on it ("Beat Your Heart Out"). And there was such a lack of energy to the whole thing, from the sterile production style to Brody's disinterested-sounding vocals—something I found especially disappointing in light of how much I loved her vocals on the other releases.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #129 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
The first two albums were full of songs that just grabbed you and didn't let go, Coral Fang had literally one good song on it ("Beat Your Heart Out"). And there was such a lack of energy to the whole thing, from the sterile production style to Brody's disinterested-sounding vocals—something I found especially disappointing in light of how much I loved her vocals on the other releases.
I just noticed you kept saying first two albums and I'm like huh?

I swore Coral Fang was their second. I haven't heard Sing Sing Death House. I had to go look it up and see what album I was missing out on. I will give it a listen and see what I think about it.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #130 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I just noticed you kept saying first two albums and I'm like huh?

I swore Coral Fang was their second. I haven't heard Sing Sing Death House. I had to go look it up and see what album I was missing out on. I will give it a listen and see what I think about it.
If you didn't like the self-titled because it was too raw, you probably won't like Sing Sing Death House. It's the most hardcore-ish of their albums.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.