Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2018, 08:11 PM   #61 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Bruh there's nothing this epic on Battle Hymns. There's not much this epic anywhere.

I very much beg to differ, my friend.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:19 PM   #62 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 39,399
Default

No. I very much disagree. Great song, but this ****s on your rebuttals. This is Conan.

__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:13 AM   #63 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
The Sane Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 298
Default

I think the Wednesday and Friday albums should be:

Sleep- Dopesmoker: I love stoner doom and sludge metal, but I'm a new fan, and I keep hearing this is a stoner doom masterpiece. I love the concept of one long song as an album (like Art Of Life by X Japan).

Darkthrone- Under A Funeral Moon: I don't know a lot about black metal and always wanted to get into the genre. Why not start with a classic?
The Sane Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:25 AM   #64 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sane Psycho View Post
I think the Wednesday and Friday albums should be:

Sleep- Dopesmoker: I love stoner doom and sludge metal, but I'm a new fan, and I keep hearing this is a stoner doom masterpiece. I love the concept of one long song as an album (like Art Of Life by X Japan).

Darkthrone- Under A Funeral Moon: I don't know a lot about black metal and always wanted to get into the genre. Why not start with a classic?
Okay, it's a bit early but why the hell not?
Vote mother****ers! Who wants Sleep for Wednesday and Darkthrone for Friday?
Or something else?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:28 AM   #65 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
No. I very much disagree. Great song, but this ****s on your rebuttals. This is Conan.

And he comes back with...


Hey, I'm not saying BH is a better album than IGR, just that I prefer it personally as it was the first Manowar album I ever heard. And IGR has got "Hatred", which kind of brings it down slightly. Still a better album, but BH is just my own personal choice.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:44 AM   #66 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Okay, it's a bit early but why the hell not?
Vote mother****ers! Who wants Sleep for Wednesday and Darkthrone for Friday?
Or something else?
I vote for Oral - Oral Sex
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:22 AM   #67 (permalink)
OQB
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,743
Default

yeah sounds good

this way i can let you all know that dopesmoker is overrated
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:17 AM   #68 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
I vote for Oral - Oral Sex
This does not surprise me in the least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olí Qwerty Bastard View Post
yeah sounds good

this way i can let you all know that dopesmoker is overrated
So Dopesmoker, deux votes. Hell, add mine, why not? I'll give it another go. Trois votes.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:30 AM   #69 (permalink)
OQB
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,743
Default

i have a hard time imaging Darkthrone doesn't get in as well so we might as well get it over with too. i think the bigger argument is which album is their best but we can get into that once the thread is opened.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:54 AM   #70 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

It's probably not going to go my way, but I'm voting for these instead:

Wednesday: VED BUENS ENDE - Written in Water
Friday: STRAPPING YOUNG LAD - City

Partially because I'm trying to avoid having two albums that will probably bore me to death in one week. Prepare for a contrarian vote if Sleep and Darkthrone make it! Although I might be surprised myself. Haven't listened to either in ages.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.