Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2021, 06:19 AM   #31 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 24,100
Default

Oh sure you do. You've just blocked it from your mind, like all of us at Xmas!
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:01 AM   #32 (permalink)
Call me Mustard
 
rubber soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pepperland
Posts: 1,636
Default

Never heard it. Guess being American does have its advantages
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
But looking for quality interaction on MB is like trying to stay hydrated by drinking salt water.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 01:21 PM   #33 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
bob_32_116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: 32S 116E
Posts: 323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Oh sure you do. You've just blocked it from your mind, like all of us at Xmas!
No, I mean it. I just watched the clip and I have never heard it. I suspect it's a UK thing.
bob_32_116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 01:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
Call me Mustard
 
rubber soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pepperland
Posts: 1,636
Default

Wizzard wasn't all that popular in the States despite Wood's reputation.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
But looking for quality interaction on MB is like trying to stay hydrated by drinking salt water.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 12:39 AM   #35 (permalink)
doo doo water
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: YOur Mom's House
Posts: 69
Default

Huh, got a lot of information out of this. Literally listened to them for the first time cause my dad sent me "All Over the World" on vinyl. Was a huge fan when he was younger. And that with the Beatles, it was written inside the album sleeve, some sort of message by Lynne, but yeah it was more along the lines of "continuation".
Tubeileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 02:49 PM   #36 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 24,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Never heard it. Guess being American does have its advantages
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
No, I mean it. I just watched the clip and I have never heard it. I suspect it's a UK thing.
I guess it is a thing this side of the water. I mean, it's a tradition here. Nobody hates the song (except Mr. Burns, as per my journal some years ago) but there are songs that are played every single Christmas without fail - WHAM's "Last Christmas", Slade's "Merry Christmas Everybody", Mud's "Lonely this Christmas" and Greg ****ing Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas" among them - and you just get sick of hearing them.

All the same, now that you've heard it isn't it the same song, almost?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 04:18 PM   #37 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
bob_32_116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: 32S 116E
Posts: 323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I guess it is a thing this side of the water. I mean, it's a tradition here. Nobody hates the song (except Mr. Burns, as per my journal some years ago) but there are songs that are played every single Christmas without fail - WHAM's "Last Christmas", Slade's "Merry Christmas Everybody", Mud's "Lonely this Christmas" and Greg ****ing Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas" among them - and you just get sick of hearing them.

All the same, now that you've heard it isn't it the same song, almost?
Let's say it's cut from the same cloth.

Australia has the best Xmas song ever: Paul Kelly's "How To Make Gravy." I never tire of hearing this song.



The video is distracting; best to just listen and concentrate on the words.
bob_32_116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:17 PM   #38 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DianneW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: S W France S. Deux Sevres
Posts: 1,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
Let's say it's cut from the same cloth.

Australia has the best Xmas song ever: Paul Kelly's "How To Make Gravy." I never tire of hearing this song.



The video is distracting; best to just listen and concentrate on the words.
that suits a lot of occasions we all experience sometimes.

Sad though.
DianneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.