Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal > Rock N Roll, Classic Rock & 60s Rock
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Worst of these late 70's bands
Styx 16 28.57%
Journey 14 25.00%
Boston 7 12.50%
Kansas 8 14.29%
Foreigner 11 19.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2015, 02:58 PM   #141 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Thelema ~ 93
Posts: 148
Default

Think what you want.

My vote for this thread goes for Fleetwood Mac.
Neurotripsicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:02 PM   #142 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotripsicks View Post
Think what you want.

My vote for this thread goes for Fleetwood Mac.
No. I refuse to agree with anything you say on principle.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:13 PM   #143 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
How exactly does popularity affect the music creation process? I think they ripped them off as well but I think you're using some shoddy reasoning there. Another thing as well, Stairway's still a pretty great song, Taurus less so.
I hate that godawful song. I'd rather listen to your band then Zeppelin. Fleetwood Mac Rumours is a fantastic album. I think they never hit their stride until the ladies joined the band and started to dominate the vocals. To the person who preferred them when they were a folk band, you need to go back and listen to that garbage.
__________________
" I slashed and burned thru my 15 minutes of fame."
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:17 PM   #144 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotripsicks View Post
Think what you want.

My vote for this thread goes for Fleetwood Mac.
Your vote's not important as there's no option for it, so you'll have to choose one of the other candidates instead.

Vote Boston they need the votes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:20 PM   #145 (permalink)
Remember the underscore
 
Pet_Sounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The other side
Posts: 2,324
Default

If Boston had only released "More Than a Feeling", they would still be better than Foreigner.
__________________
Everybody's dying just to get the disease
Pet_Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:21 PM   #146 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Thelema ~ 93
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Your vote's not important as there's no option for it, so you'll have to choose one of the other candidates instead.

Vote Boston they need the votes.


You're just salty I proved you wrong. Since when is hyperbole considered trolling? Is that how it works for you? You can't take it so immediately the other person is trolling? Sorry to tell you this but my opinion doesn't live under a bridge.

And Boston is the last band I would choose from that list.
Neurotripsicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #147 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotripsicks View Post
You're just salty I proved you wrong. Since when is hyperbole considered trolling? Is that how it works for you? You can't take it so immediately the other person is trolling? Sorry to tell you this but my opinion doesn't live under a bridge.

And Boston is the last band I would choose from that list.
Boston really? I was one key away from selecting them before clicking Styx. They literally have only a handful of songs worth listening to. They also only have two hits that anyone else besides a Boston fan could name.
__________________
" I slashed and burned thru my 15 minutes of fame."
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:28 PM   #148 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
If Boston had only released "More Than a Feeling", they would still be better than Foreigner.
^This man knows.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:35 PM   #149 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotripsicks View Post
It goes to show more people prefer music that has no soul or skill over music that has soul and requires talent to master. It was the late 70s and disco was popular. My .02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotripsicks View Post
You're just salty I proved you wrong. Since when is hyperbole considered trolling? Is that how it works for you? You can't take it so immediately the other person is trolling? Sorry to tell you this but my opinion doesn't live under a bridge.
Are you a foreigner?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:37 PM   #150 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Thelema ~ 93
Posts: 148
Default

Yes.
Neurotripsicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.