Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Song Writing, Lyrics and Poetry (https://www.musicbanter.com/song-writing-lyrics-poetry/)
-   -   The MB Tribute Album Project: Black Sabbath (https://www.musicbanter.com/song-writing-lyrics-poetry/87899-mb-tribute-album-project-black-sabbath.html)

Blank. 11-27-2016 08:33 PM

The MB Tribute Album Project: Black Sabbath
 
Does anyone want to try this? Each of us cover a song off of an album that we pick. Create a tribute album.

We're currently doing Black Sabbath. Post up the song you're going to do.

Former rounds:
Lou Reed

Spoiler for Lou Reed Tribute Tracklist:

1. ##### - Sunday Morning (Remix) (Kiii)
2. Don Belanger - Heroin (Chula Vista)
3. Stephanie Darnielle - Stephanie Says (wolverinewolfweiselpigeon)
4. Machine+ - Who Loves the Sun (Machine)
5. SNZZZOV*EN - Here She Comes Now (Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock)
6. Jesus the Carpenter - Metal Machine Music (Frownland)


All albums will be posted on this bandcamp page for free, check out what we've released so far!
https://artistsofmb.bandcamp.com/releases

Key 11-27-2016 08:35 PM

But that would mean we have to know how to play music, which none of us do.

Blank. 11-27-2016 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ki (Post 1773872)
But that would mean we have to know how to play music, which none of us do.

The best part would be listening to you all fail as musicians.

Lucem Ferre 11-27-2016 08:46 PM

In my other forum we put together a collaborative mixtape. Perhaps you guys could try that. I think it'd be interesting.

Frownland 11-27-2016 09:12 PM

The question is, what album could we agree on?

I mean, I'm really down if it's something cool. Maybe we can do an artist.

Blank. 11-27-2016 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1773892)
The question is, what album could we agree on?

I mean, I'm really down if it's something cool. Maybe we can do an artist.

Probably better if we do an artist. The more I think about it, the more I think we'd never agree on an album.

Tristan_Geoff 11-27-2016 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1blankmind (Post 1773898)
Probably better if we do an artist. The more I think about it, the more I think we'd never agree on an album.

Then why not pick something we all hate?

Key 11-27-2016 09:19 PM

Or we can all pretend to make a collab album but end up making a Trainwreck pt. 2.

Tristan_Geoff 11-27-2016 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ki (Post 1773907)
Or we can all pretend to make a collab album but end up making a Trainwreck pt. 2.

That's what it'd turn into anyways.

Tristan_Geoff 11-27-2016 09:20 PM

Except that I can actually play music when I try

Key 11-27-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff (Post 1773908)
That's what it'd turn into anyways.

I'm down.

Frownland 11-27-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff (Post 1773902)
Then why not pick something we all hate?

Good point. Phish?

Tristan_Geoff 11-27-2016 09:20 PM

Also I'm in a new band now guys waddup

Mondo Bungle 11-27-2016 09:26 PM

Cut the BS, everyone knows we should do Frampton Comes Alive

Blank. 11-27-2016 09:28 PM

Nah. Nickelback?

Tristan_Geoff 11-27-2016 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1773913)
Good point. Phish?

But... Phish has some good stuff...

Mondo Bungle 11-27-2016 09:32 PM

Original

Tristan_Geoff 11-27-2016 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1blankmind (Post 1773932)
Nah. Nickelback?

I think someone here likes Nickelback. Can't remember who.

Mondo Bungle 11-27-2016 09:42 PM

you

Ol’ Qwerty Bastard 11-27-2016 09:50 PM

Violet

Lucem Ferre 11-27-2016 10:35 PM

ICP cover songs.

Edit: That'd be some funny ****.

Key 11-27-2016 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre (Post 1773947)
ICP cover songs.

Edit: That'd be some funny ****.

Lets do it. Ironically.

Lucem Ferre 11-27-2016 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ki (Post 1773951)
Lets do it. Ironically.

Exactly. I mean, I won't participate, but I'd like to hear you guys do it.

Blank. 11-27-2016 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ki (Post 1773951)
Lets do it. Ironically.

I'm cool with it.

Key 11-27-2016 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre (Post 1773953)
Exactly. I mean, I won't participate, but I'd like to hear you guys do it.

That'd be so much fun for all the wrong reasons.

Black Francis 11-27-2016 10:49 PM

I'm down to clown bruh.

Blank. 11-27-2016 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Francis (Post 1773956)
I'm down to clown bruh.

Cool. Who do you want to do?

Black Francis 11-27-2016 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1blankmind (Post 1773958)
Cool. Who do you want to do?

Clown. I thought I was pretty clear about that. Idk any ICP songs tho.

Blank. 11-27-2016 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Francis (Post 1773959)
Clown. I thought I was pretty clear about that. Idk any ICP songs tho.

Oh. I thought you were saying mess-around with this idea. lol.

Tristan_Geoff 11-27-2016 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwertyy (Post 1773941)
Violet

That'd be 'er.

Tristan_Geoff 11-27-2016 10:59 PM

ICP's fine with me. I'd do the Danny Brown one.

Black Francis 11-27-2016 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1blankmind (Post 1773960)
Oh. I thought you were saying mess-around with this idea. lol.

I do like the idea of making a tribute album with awful songs.

Tristan_Geoff 11-27-2016 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Francis (Post 1773970)
I do like the idea of making a tribute album with awful songs.

It's a very MB thing to do.

Key 11-27-2016 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Francis (Post 1773970)
I do like the idea of making a tribute album with awful songs.

It's already happened. It's called Trainwreck.

Tristan_Geoff 11-27-2016 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ki (Post 1773972)
It's already happened. It's called Trainwreck.

Hey, that wasn't a tribute. That was influenced by the other trainwrecks.

Key 11-28-2016 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff (Post 1773977)
Hey, that wasn't a tribute. That was influenced by the other trainwrecks.

;)

Tristan_Geoff 11-28-2016 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ki (Post 1773978)
;)

It was effectively a tribute to myself

Key 11-28-2016 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff (Post 1773981)
It was effectively a tribute to myself

That's so poetic

Tristan_Geoff 11-28-2016 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ki (Post 1773983)
That's so poetic

More like self-deprecation get it, cause it reflects how uneventful and terrible my life has become :(

Life is meaningless




Eat Arby's

Key 11-28-2016 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff (Post 1773986)
More like self-deprecation get it, cause it reflects how uneventful and terrible my life has become :(

Life is meaningless




Eat Arby's

Hahaha hahaha *proceeds to cut self*


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:15 AM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.