Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Soundtracks & Compilations (https://www.musicbanter.com/soundtracks-compilations/)
-   -   Highly Overused Songs in Movies (https://www.musicbanter.com/soundtracks-compilations/54983-highly-overused-songs-movies.html)

Janszoon 06-18-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SATCHMO (Post 1072250)
Obviously...


I'm surprised to see only one person has mentioned this since it's clearly the hands-down thread winner for me.

BastardofYoung 06-18-2011 09:29 PM

Sting - IMDb

yeah, looking at the above, i had to stop and laugh at Stings uncredited contribution to "This Ain't Glee XXX"...... funny thought of him writing songs for pornography... let alone songs by the title given...

djchameleon 06-18-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janszoon (Post 1073157)
I'm surprised to see only one person has mentioned this since it's clearly the hands-down thread winner for me.

mostly only shows up in some horror movies with devil related content but yeah it does get used quite often

Janszoon 06-18-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djchameleon (Post 1073168)
mostly only shows up in some horror movies with devil related content but yeah it does get used quite often

Oh it's used in a lot more contexts than just that. Check out this list.

djchameleon 06-18-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janszoon (Post 1073170)
Oh it's used in a lot more contexts than just that. Check out this list.

hmmm okay I guess I just haven't noticed it then.

definitely thread winner based off of that list.

DevonWilliams 06-18-2011 10:00 PM

Anything by Kings of Leon or Beyonce

phantom1961 12-30-2011 12:40 PM

By AC/DC i'd say "If you want Blood (you've got it)...The Longest Yard Remake,Talledega Nights (The Legend of Ricky Bobby),Empire Records..and hell theres at least a cpl more..1 was a fairly recent movie,but i can't think of it just now..I like the song ,but its done to death..that and George Thorogood "Bad to the Bone"!

Janszoon 12-30-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantom1961 (Post 1138533)
By AC/DC i'd say "If you want Blood (you've got it)...The Longest Yard Remake,Talledega Nights (The Legend of Ricky Bobby),Empire Records..and hell theres at least a cpl more..1 was a fairly recent movie,but i can't think of it just now..I like the song ,but its done to death..that and George Thorogood "Bad to the Bone"!

Oh god yes. It's actually been quite a while since I've heard it used but during the 80s and early 90s that song was inescapable in movies.

captaincaptain 12-30-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janszoon (Post 1138556)
Oh god yes. It's actually been quite a while since I've heard it used but during the 80s and early 90s that song was inescapable in movies.

This song has a long history of it's use in media. Unfortunately it has lasted far beyond the 80s, 90s, and 00s. It is making it's rounds in the early part of this decade as well. Bad to the Bone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Budokan Disciple 03-07-2012 11:29 PM

Danse Macabre by Saint-Saens and Wagner's Flight of the Valkyries are both heavily used.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:22 AM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.