Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Sport & Recreation
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,193
Default Any baseball fans?

I love baseball. This time of year I've got a mantra that permeates my puny brain:

"Grapefruit league??? F*CK THAT SH*T!!! CACTUS LEAGUE!!!"


(Spoken in imitation of this famous movie scene...)






I don't really mean that, I just have a dopey sense of humor, my Mariners are in the Cactus League, and I love Blue Velvet
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Basically you're David Hasselhoff.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,193
Default

Excellent start for my M's, back to back gems by King Felix & Iwakuma, Morse is knocking the cover off of the ball, a couple doubles by Kyle Seager last night, sure there's 160 games to go but I like what I'm seeing early on. I see an enthusiasm that's replacing the dark sullen gloom that Figgins brought to the dugout last year.
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hip hop bunny hop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,367
Default

I like the Kansas City Royals.

I just assume the teams losing terribly and tell St. Louis fans the only way they could get any gayer would be moving to Portland, but what ya gonna do?
__________________
Have mercy on the poor.
hip hop bunny hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Killed Laura Palmer
 
ThePhanastasio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ashland, KY
Posts: 1,669
Default

Before I even scrolled down, I caught the reference in the OP, haha! Blue Velvet is one of my favorite movies.

And I adore baseball. I started playing when I was five, up until I was 13 and had to switch to softball, because America is bull**** and thinks that a girl who made All-Stars every single year she played baseball should be forced into a different sport.

And I'm a fan of the Reds, Mets, and (Red) 'Sox...so my baseball post-season is almost always depressing.
__________________

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
I like the Kansas City Royals.

I just assume the teams losing terribly and tell St. Louis fans the only way they could get any gayer would be moving to Portland, but what ya gonna do?
I have always liked the Royals, I was glad to see them beat the hated Cardinals in '85 even though they were the beneficiaries of a terrible call by Don Denkinger that cost the Cardinals the opportunity to close the series in game 6. The ensuing meltdown by St. Louis, however, was in my opinion the nail in the coffin (as it were) of any chance I might ever have a single favorable thought of the Baseball Cardinals. I was always a big fan of George Brett, Brett Saberhagen and Dan Quisenberry.

Then again, on the other hand, homophobics are cowardly little twerps.

Last edited by Paul Smeenus; 04-05-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Killed Laura Palmer
 
ThePhanastasio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ashland, KY
Posts: 1,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
I have always liked the Royals, I was glad to see them beat the hated Cardinals in '85 even though they were the beneficiaries of a terrible call by Don Denkinger that cost the Cardinals the opportunity to close the series in game 6. The ensuing meltdown by St. Louis, however, was in my opinion the nail in the coffin (as it were) of any chance I might ever have a single favorable thought of the Baseball Cardinals. I was always a big fan of George Brett, Brett Saberhagen and Dan Quisenberry.

Then again, on the other hand, homophobics are cowardly little twerps.
Hey, I'm a Reds fan. Marge Schott did WAY worse than homophobic bull**** to get banned from the game. She sympathized with the ****ing Nazi party for Chrissakes. I'm not behind that, but Cincy is the closest to a local team I have, and I grew up ****ing loving Barry Larkin, Don Mattingly...

Also, I think the Reds have a curse, though not as well-known or spread as that as Boston or Chicago. It's the curse of Schottzie. ****ing ******* dog took a dump on the field, and since then, have the Reds won ****? No. **** your goat and **** your Bambino. Shottzie and his owners' Nazi sympathies have ensured the Reds, no matter how talent laden, will never succeed again.

They moved from Riverfront to Great American, but I don't think it helped.
__________________

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,551
Default

I'm a White Sox fan, and the GF is a Cubs fan. Although I'm not a Cubs basher like a lot of south siders are, I still enjoy the occasional dump on em. Constant turmoil in our house during the season.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
I'm a White Sox fan, and the GF is a Cubs fan. Although I'm not a Cubs basher like a lot of south siders are, I still enjoy the occasional dump on em. Constant turmoil in our house during the season.


Lemme ask you this, if the Cubs by SOME MIRACLE made it to the World Series and the Sox didn't, would you root for the Cubs?
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
Lemme ask you this, if the Cubs by SOME MIRACLE made it to the World Series and the Sox didn't, would you root for the Cubs?
Absolutely. I've been to more Cubs games than Sox games, but thats entirely her fault.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Absolutely. I've been to more Cubs games than Sox games, but thats entirely her fault.

Would she root for the White Sox? Did she in '05?
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.