Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Stereo & Production Equipment
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 12:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Great place to put this thread. Now I'm going to make you all have a post count.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Maelian
 
ladyislingering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 544
Default

I really hate when people call records "vinyls" but I'm not gonna nitpick, because I like people who collect, love, and play them.

I prefer vinyl because I enjoy the whole package. I like being able to touch and handle my music, with large, detailed sleeves and the charming smell of decades passed. From the physical feel of the record, to the smell, to the warm sound of a needle in the grooves, the entire experience just really turns me on.
__________________
You and I,
We were born to die.
ladyislingering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
I really hate when people call records "vinyls" but I'm not gonna nitpick, because I like people who collect, love, and play them.

I prefer vinyl because I enjoy the whole package. I like being able to touch and handle my music, with large, detailed sleeves and the charming smell of decades passed. From the physical feel of the record, to the smell, to the warm sound of a needle in the grooves, the entire experience just really turns me on.
u wut m8?
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maelian
 
ladyislingering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezdaddy Longlegs View Post
u wut m8?
Think about it. Before we had CDs or digital media, nobody called them "vinyls" because there wasn't a difference in disc formats. It just irritates me because people of my chosen era never would have said that (and it just sounds really dumb).
__________________
You and I,
We were born to die.
ladyislingering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Shoo Thoughts
 
Mr. Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: These Mountains
Posts: 2,293
Default

War irritates me.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
Think about it. Before we had CDs or digital media, nobody called them "vinyls" because there wasn't a difference in disc formats. It just irritates me because people of my chosen era never would have said that (and it just sounds really dumb).
But the term record could be used to describe a tape or cd or online album. When you say vinyl it is clear what you are talking about. People didnt say it then because their was no other alternative to mix it up with.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezdaddy Longlegs View Post
But the term record could be used to describe a tape or cd or online album. When you say vinyl it is clear what you are talking about. People didnt say it then because their was no other alternative to mix it up with.
As much as I agree, I think the real issue is using the plural form of vinyl. Saying "vinyls" doesn't make much sense considering vinyl is the proper form be it singular or plural. Saying vinyls is like saying deers.
__________________

CWH
Key is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maelian
 
ladyislingering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
As much as I agree, I think the real issue is using the plural form of vinyl. Saying "vinyls" doesn't make much sense considering vinyl is the proper form be it singular or plural. Saying vinyls is like saying deers.
I knew there was another thing I was forgetting.

Unless English is a person's second language, they need to learn their singular/plural words and how to use them. Otherwise it just makes me want to kick them in their stupid face.
__________________
You and I,
We were born to die.
ladyislingering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
An Awesome Dude
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nay_creative
I don't know why, but I love them. There is just something so pure about the sound and so spiritual about the ritual of playing and storing them.
Indeed. When it is 100% ANALOG on the record,IT IS GORGEOUS!!!!!

I love records,8 tracks,cassettes and VHS .. Anything ANALOG really
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Lonesome Hobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 38
Default

I'll gladly keep buying and listening to all my music on CD.
Lonesome Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.