Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Talk Instruments
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 01:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 34
Default Favorite Insturmentalist

I'm not going to do a poll because there are way to many choices. I'm asking who is your favorite person at playing any specific instrument you chose. Guitar? Drums? Bass? Mine is Niccilo Paganini. He played Violin and Guitar. If you have seen crossroads you have heard his music. Ralph Macchiao (i'm sure i'm not spelling it right) beats Steve Vai with one of Paganinis pieces. Also one of my favorite guitarists, Jason Becker, plays the same piece but much better.
Exodizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Right now I think it's Patrick Wolf, i'd never really thought much of the Ukulele until I heard his stuff like Godrevy Point or Tristan, he really brought a level of respect for the instrument i'd never had before. In addition to that I think he's a great violinist, The Magic Position, Overture stuff like that are beautifully arranged. I never really thought someone could approach pop music the way he did.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodizer View Post
I'm not going to do a poll because there are way to many choices. I'm asking who is your favorite person at playing any specific instrument you chose. Guitar? Drums? Bass? Mine is Niccilo Paganini. He played Violin and Guitar. If you have seen crossroads you have heard his music. Ralph Macchiao (i'm sure i'm not spelling it right) beats Steve Vai with one of Paganinis pieces. Also one of my favorite guitarists, Jason Becker, plays the same piece but much better.
I would like to ask you, Crowquill & Exodiser, If either of you could give me the name of a few artist's, that are known as some of the best at the 'Chello'? The Chello is may favorite instrument next to Bass Guitar. I would enjoy learning about the Stand Up Bass also. If I am correct? I think Stanley Clarke played stand up bass, before he went to the electric. (Definatley Old School), VB.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalsBass View Post
I would like to ask you, Crowquill & Exodiser, If either of you could give me the name of a few artist's, that are known as some of the best at the 'Chello'? The Chello is may favorite instrument next to Bass Guitar. I would enjoy learning about the Stand Up Bass also. If I am correct? I think Stanley Clarke played stand up bass, before he went to the electric. (Definatley Old School), VB.
As for stand up bass, you might not be able to find them, but there's a really great New Orleans Jazz band named Astral Project and the Stand Up bassist is amazing. His name is James Singleton. As for Cello do you mean composer or someone who actually played it. I don't know specifically about any Celloists. As for composers. Go look for Johannes Brahms Cello Sonata No. 1 Op. 38. The first movement is my favorite but the entire piece is very good.

Last edited by Exodizer; 11-04-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Exodizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

My favourite instrumentalists include;

Guitar: Django Reinhardt, Biréli Lagrène, Johnny Marr, Jack White.

Bass: There can only be one...James Jamerson.

Drums: Keith Moon.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,216
Default

Many of the Chili Peppers more funk geared instrumentals, as long as a few by incubus. I modernizes funk and brink the rock feel into it, which i love to listen to and play.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
Guitar: Django Reinhardt
this goes double for me.



as well as all the members of tera melos.
anticipation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
My favourite instrumentalists include;

Guitar: Django Reinhardt, Biréli Lagrène, Johnny Marr, Jack White.

Bass: There can only be one...James Jamerson.

Drums: Keith Moon.
marr<333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 3333333
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
dontcareaboutyou
 
swim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,188
Default

Toni Joy is my favorite guitarist.
__________________
http://nakednaps.bandcamp.com/
swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Danny Thompson is an awesome stand up bassist. He plays for John Martyn as well as doing albums with his wife linda.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.