Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Talk Instruments
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #211 (permalink)
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!
 
GuitarBizarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,633
Default

They're very good actually. I reccomend not going lower than a 400 series though, since everything below that is indonesian made rather than korean or japanese.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As for me, my inbox is as of yet testicle-free, and hopefully remains that way. Don't the rest of you get any ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #212 (permalink)
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH
 
Antonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Are you a cop?
Posts: 3,341
Default

ok thanks
__________________
Been making some new music lately, check it out

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #213 (permalink)
Groupie
 
KelticKalamity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
I'm an Ibanez man, but i also like Paul Reed Smith Guitars. plus my friend reccomended that i check out ESP's. what are your guys' opinions on ESPs?
I like their basses, they have good tone for metal and hard rock playing

I wouldn't use them for any other genre, though

Haven't tried the six strings MUCH, just a little

Not enough to gain a creditable opinion of them, anyway
__________________
The hole is more honorable than the patch.
KelticKalamity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #214 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,307
Default

i've had an ESP/LTD for about 3 years now (ec-1000). it's definitely made for playing heavier stuff. you 'can' get clean tones from it but it just doesn't feel right for fluffy strum along songs.

if you want modern hard rock crunch then an ESP/LTD will provide that in spades, especially with EMGs pretty much standard on all their models.

if you're looking to get more of a vintage / classic rock tone then you'll be better served with a more traditional choice.
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #215 (permalink)
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH
 
Antonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Are you a cop?
Posts: 3,341
Default

idk, i guess i want a strong metal tone with a guitar, but yeah i want one that's versitle as well. i guess i'll stick to Ibanez
__________________
Been making some new music lately, check it out

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:55 PM   #216 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,307
Default

just try whatever you can get your hands on until you get something that sounds right to your ears. i'm not going to let the fact that i'm using a 'metal' guitar stop me from playing 'shoegaze', don't let fashion trump function.
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:05 PM   #217 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
just try whatever you can get your hands on until you get something that sounds right to your ears. i'm not going to let the fact that i'm using a 'metal' guitar stop me from playing 'shoegaze', don't let fashion trump function.
What's the neck scale? Most shoegazers use a guitar with a 25 scale neck...
Farfisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #218 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,307
Default

most shoegazers use fenders if i remember right, mainly because the single coil pickups are brighter. the buzz from the single coil also works with the style to add more presence to the overall wall of sound.

mine is 24.75", same as a les paul, strats, and teles, are normally 25.5", and jaguars are 24". the scale length is just the distance between the bridge saddles and the nut. it does affect overall tone (the longer the brighter). for myself though, i'm far more concerned with the guitar's ability to push its sound through the dozen pedals at my feet than i am about it's scale.
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #219 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
most shoegazers use fenders if i remember right, mainly because the single coil pickups are brighter. the buzz from the single coil also works with the style to add more presence to the overall wall of sound.

mine is 24.75", same as a les paul, strats, and teles, are normally 25.5", and jaguars are 24". the scale length is just the distance between the bridge saddles and the nut. it does affect overall tone (the longer the brighter). for myself though, i'm far more concerned with the guitar's ability to push its sound through the dozen pedals at my feet than i am about it's scale.
What kind of effect pedals do you recomend for shoegaze anyway? I was thinking a tremolo and a few reverbs but, I have no idea =/.
Farfisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:04 AM   #220 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_lips_sink_ships View Post
What kind of effect pedals do you recomend for shoegaze anyway? I was thinking a tremolo and a few reverbs but, I have no idea =/.
yep that's pretty much it hehe. personally i use volume pedals to create a tremolo effect. delay / echo is also very handy. actually the only type of pedals i wouldn't really use for gazing are compressors or octavers.

the other trick to shoegaze is stereo. you pretty much NEED a 2nd amp to really get that lush multitrack sound live. unfortunately it's just as expensive as it sounds. i suppose this would be why they made tremolo pedals after all haha
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.