Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Talk Instruments
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 01:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Groupie
 
El_terribley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: outside your window
Posts: 21
Default

Wow....I read pretty much all of these, maybe one of them didnt sound absolutely retarted. Starting with a set period no matter how great, Of course it wont sound perfect but you will learn what you need to in the beginning. Its going to take some time and patience.I started with a peice of.... and worked my way up, "Veridical Fiction" stated the same and I am agreeing absolutely. Its A musical instrument, You admire it, you love it, you appreciate it, same as any other. You start by experiment...you learn basics, you master them....and then your own style will take shape, A good drummer can tap into any genre.
I recommend you dont focus on just "metal", If you want to be a well rounded Drummer then learn it all. Look at some early famous drummers like Buddy Rich to all the drummers of our time...
El_terribley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_terribley View Post
Wow....I read pretty much all of these, maybe one of them didnt sound absolutely retarted. Starting with a set period no matter how great, Of course it wont sound perfect but you will learn what you need to in the beginning. Its going to take some time and patience.I started with a peice of.... and worked my way up, "Veridical Fiction" stated the same and I am agreeing absolutely. Its A musical instrument, You admire it, you love it, you appreciate it, same as any other. You start by experiment...you learn basics, you master them....and then your own style will take shape, A good drummer can tap into any genre.
I recommend you dont focus on just "metal", If you want to be a well rounded Drummer then learn it all. Look at some early famous drummers like Buddy Rich to all the drummers of our time...
Maybe one of them didn't sound absolutely retarded? Don't you think it's a stretch to call our responses retarded?
Sam-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
cheezyridr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: sunny canadia
Posts: 131
Default

cheezyridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam-Y View Post
Maybe one of them didn't sound absolutely retarded? Don't you think it's a stretch to call our responses retarded?
I think he was (over)stating the fact that no one seemed to recognize the OP's actual question as it applies to his situation as a beginning drummer who's setting his sights further than he's capable of traveling at the moment.

The replies weren't necessarily "retarded", but they were definitely not lending themselves to any sort of needed advice.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Groupie
 
El_terribley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: outside your window
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam-Y View Post
Maybe one of them didn't sound absolutely retarded? Don't you think it's a stretch to call our responses retarded?
Apology accepted...

Yes, I do not mean to make sense... Ok not retarted. But, If your going to give advice...respect the question, people usually like an answer that will help them.

"Be honest, never encourage ignorance"
- me, you Fu!@
El_terribley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_terribley View Post
Apology accepted...

Yes, I do not mean to make sense... Ok not retarted. But, If your going to give advice...respect the question, people usually like an answer that will help them.

"Be honest, never encourage ignorance"
- me, you Fu!@
You typed that just as I typed my response that you unwittingly agreed with.
Uncanny.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
Groupie
 
El_terribley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: outside your window
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridical Fiction View Post
You typed that just as I typed my response that you unwittingly agreed with.
Uncanny.
Sam- y is so mean.... sorry im just very blunt and literalllllllllllll......

Just keeping it real homeslice, LA as in los angeles or the murder capital state?
El_terribley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_terribley View Post
Sam- y is so mean.... sorry im just very blunt and literalllllllllllll......

Just keeping it real homeslice, LA as in los angeles or the murder capital state?
No I was just trying to get you to respond to the stuff I typed above your last response. I'm confusing even myself right now.


Btw... murder capital.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
Groupie
 
El_terribley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: outside your window
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridical Fiction View Post
No I was just trying to get you to respond to the stuff I typed above your last response. I'm confusing even myself right now.


Btw... murder capital.
overstood homie....
Marrero.
El_terribley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:06 AM   #20 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 43
Default

lol...what's going on? I don't understand what anyone is saying.

Man I'm not mean. I told him not buy a CB drum set so I did my part. If you think that's retarded then I suggest you play on a CB kit and then call me mean lol.

Fiction what's up brother? Haven't talked with you in a while.
Sam-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.