Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Talk Instruments
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #191 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Default

macbook pro's are instruments!
VibesMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:20 AM   #192 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
Default

If computer is instrument, then sewing machine should be
hommystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:07 AM   #193 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 43
Default

Absolutely a computer is an instrument.
It doesn't matter how the sound wave is produced; it's what you do with it.
1moretroubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #194 (permalink)
Groupie
 
GirlBehindTheStrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA (Pa)
Posts: 23
Default

A computer makes sounds... an instrument makes music.
GirlBehindTheStrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #195 (permalink)
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!
 
GuitarBizarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlBehindTheStrings View Post
A computer makes sounds... an instrument makes music.
Computers can also make music. Perhaps you should look up every electronica artist for the past 20/30 years?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As for me, my inbox is as of yet testicle-free, and hopefully remains that way. Don't the rest of you get any ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #196 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

once a computer can create all the nuances of a guitar all by itself, i doubt it qualifies as an "instrument"
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #197 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hommystyle View Post
If computer is instrument, then sewing machine should be
GREAT IDEA.
Gonna borrow my mom's sewing machine in my next experimental project.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #198 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
once a computer can create all the nuances of a guitar all by itself, i doubt it qualifies as an "instrument"
Would you be ok with computer software synthesizers being called "virtual instruments"? Because that's what they're called. Perhaps we should use that qualifier to end this entire debate.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #199 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Would you be ok with computer software synthesizers being called "virtual instruments"? Because that's what they're called. Perhaps we should use that qualifier to end this entire debate.
but you're not closing this thread?

i have no problems of them being called "virtual instruments", just not an actual "musical instrument"
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #200 (permalink)
Groupie
 
GirlBehindTheStrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA (Pa)
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
but you're not closing this thread?

i have no problems of them being called "virtual instruments", just not an actual "musical instrument"
agreed.
GirlBehindTheStrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.