Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Talk Instruments
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2020, 01:53 AM   #181 (permalink)
Groupie
 
najlepszamuza45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco_V_Ecliptic View Post
I'm looking for a good guitar for experimental/noise rock what sort of guitar would you recommend? Something along the lines of Thurston Moore's rig but going for a jazzier sound.
Have you tried telecaster? I think that this is the right instrument.
najlepszamuza45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 12:27 PM   #182 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco_V_Ecliptic View Post
I'm looking for a good guitar for experimental/noise rock what sort of guitar would you recommend? Something along the lines of Thurston Moore's rig but going for a jazzier sound.
Jazzmaster or Stratocaster - either SSS or HH.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ? Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ? ???? ? ? ?????
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 02:30 PM   #183 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
ribbons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Jazzmaster or Stratocaster - either SSS or HH.
Agree about the Jazzmaster - a very versatile guitar, with the neck pickup and rhythm circuit providing jazzier/woodsy sounds. See tone profile posted below. The Squier (Fender) Classic Vibe Telecaster might also be a good option; I have this guitar and am really pleased with it. See second video.

Fender Jazzmaster tone profile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OYSg40Cipk

Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h75TyVoHiZ0
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 05:51 PM   #184 (permalink)
Take The Heat Off Me
 
Raime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco_V_Ecliptic View Post
I'm looking for a good guitar for experimental/noise rock what sort of guitar would you recommend? Something along the lines of Thurston Moore's rig but going for a jazzier sound.
Try a hollowbody like a Gibson ES-175D if you want to be different in the genre, but it's more the amp than the guitar. Just choose something with a decent rhythm circuit, get some weird pedals, and a good amp that sounds full. Noise guitar music tends to be more trebly, and jazz guitar music tends to be darker and bassier.

__________________
Choice Club Music Journal

Awful trash that I listen to

Awful trash that I own

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m a full on fascist. I don’t even give a **** about making sense.

Do you have a black truck?
Raime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:36 AM   #185 (permalink)
Groupie
 
YamPaula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: TX
Posts: 2
Default

Is this thread only for guitar recommendation? I'll buy a cello for my 10 y.o. daughter in a month or two. Would be great if there's someone who knows anything about them
YamPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 02:37 PM   #186 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamPaula View Post
Is this thread only for guitar recommendation? I'll buy a cello for my 10 y.o. daughter in a month or two. Would be great if there's someone who knows anything about them
At that age think about getting a 3/4 size cello.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ? Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ? ???? ? ? ?????
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 04:48 AM   #187 (permalink)
Groupie
 
najlepszamuza45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 12
Default

Hi, I would like to recommend Fender MIJ Hybrid Stratocaster.

My frend just bought it and it sounds awsome. I fall in love with this guitar and I am going to sell my standard strat to get it
najlepszamuza45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:05 PM   #188 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 1
Default Synth/piano recommendations.

Hi! Can anyone recommend me a weighted key piano/synth?

I used to own a Nord stage 2 which, unfortunately, I had to get rid of. Worst decision ever.

I can't afford a new Nord stage, but I need something that can do similar things (although, probably not as well I suspect)

Basically... Decent piano sounds, strings, synth module etc... Organs aren't particularly important to me. Can anyone recommend something? Thanks heaps.
EnolaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.