Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Talk Instruments
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Exeggcute :3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I'm a twat? That's nice coming from the person who's used the term "Get over it" twice.
Are you 12 or something?
Judging by your favourite groups: Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Hadouken!
I'm inclined to say yes.
They could equally answer "I'm going to write my posts however the **** I please" blah blah crap crap blah and get some bull**** response from you about language desecration. Just a bit hypocritical, don't you think

Also, your "ad homenim" attack doesn't really add any weight to your argument at all. Who gives a **** what my music taste is. Because Indie Rock instantly makes you so much older...
__________________
Hi :)
Exeggcute :3 is offline  
Old 09-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Basscadet
 
Dayvan Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I'm a twat? That's nice coming from the person who's used the term "Get over it" twice.
Are you 12 or something?
Judging by your favourite groups: Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Hadouken!
I'm inclined to say yes.
Why? I'm 14 and that's pretty damn close to 12. Don't be such an ageist, man.
My taste isn't really that bad. (though it's quite mainstream)'
__________________
I AM A DEAF CON OF ANGORA GOATS
Dayvan Cowboy is offline  
Old 09-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Exeggcute :3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 80
Default

Why is 'mainstream' bad taste in music?
__________________
Hi :)
Exeggcute :3 is offline  
Old 09-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
love will tear you apart
 
TheCunningStunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 5,100
Default

They could write that, but I wouldn't take much notice because I probably would be unable to read it. I speak English you see.

No, I've just found the type of people who listen to them bands are 12-14 years old.

The likes of Ellen (not your name, but somebody said it is and it suits you.) and James are the exceptions. They transcend age.
Anyway, I'm pretty done with this pathetic argument.
I know now to try and avoid posts from "drummerchic", "musicman" and "exeggcute :3"

P.s Dayvan, I gave Boards of Canada another chance!
__________________
I don't feel and I feel great.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline  
Old 09-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
Basscadet
 
Dayvan Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exeggcute :3 View Post
Why is 'mainstream' bad taste in music?
I get crap all the time for liking The Mars Volta and Aphex Twin because listening to mainstream acts like that is considered sheepish and robotic. I prefer not to be associated with maintstreamers my age like that but somehow I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
They could write that, but I wouldn't take much notice because I probably would be unable to read it. I speak English you see.

No, I've just found the type of people who listen to them bands are 12-14 years old.

The likes of Ellen (not your name, but somebody said it is and it suits you.) and James are the exceptions. They transcend age.
Anyway, I'm pretty done with this pathetic argument.
I know now to try and avoid posts from "drummerchic", "musicman" and "exeggcute :3"

P.s Dayvan, I gave Boards of Canada another chance!
I think that 12-14 year olds are treated unjustly for their knowledge in music when some people my age truly do listen to some great music.
also, props for giving BOC another chance!
__________________
I AM A DEAF CON OF ANGORA GOATS
Dayvan Cowboy is offline  
Old 09-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Exeggcute :3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
They could write that, but I wouldn't take much notice because I probably would be unable to read it. I speak English you see.
I'm not here to be trolled by you

Quote:
No, I've just found the type of people who listen to them bands are 12-14 years old.
Aha, and I suppose that comprises the entirety of my musical taste. Surely my being "12-14" years old just makes it even more embarrassing for you not being able to string a reasonable argument against me together.
__________________
Hi :)
Exeggcute :3 is offline  
Old 09-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Exeggcute :3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvan Cowboy View Post
I get crap all the time for liking The Mars Volta and Aphex Twin because listening to mainstream acts like that is considered sheepish and robotic. I prefer not to be associated with maintstreamers my age like that but somehow I am.
I get this crap from Drum & Bass fans everywhere. It's not considered good to listen to anyone unless no-one else has ever heard of them. Kind of defeats the object of being able to talk to anyone about good music. Surely there's a reason that music that is well-know is well-known ?_?
__________________
Hi :)
Exeggcute :3 is offline  
Old 09-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

I don't see any reason for this thread to continue.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.