Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Talk Instruments
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrloser_IX View Post
seeing as this is a hardcore pedal head thread, does anyone have any experiences with Modtone, specifically the Extreme Metal pedal?
I know I did not start this thread but I love what he said. Is their any way a mod can change the title to The Hardcore Pedal Thread?? Perhaps with permission from sarosh (that is if he ever posts again) We need a everlasting profession pedal thread here.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #32 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,760
Default



Oh lawd, I think I'm gettin' tha vapahs.
Farfisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,190
Default

Wuha Big Muff Pie! There is NO better pedal for playing any doom or sludgy metal/rock.

How does that disaster fuzz sound? Also if you crank up the RAT its pretty much a fuzz. I have a Boss Ds-1 thats the same way. Especially if the battery isnt new, hi gain actually means gain + fuzz.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #34 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I know I did not start this thread but I love what he said. Is their any way a mod can change the title to The Hardcore Pedal Thread?? Perhaps with permission from sarosh (that is if he ever posts again) We need a everlasting profession pedal thread here.
Haha, sorry for my lack of presence, been pretty busy working lately. The name change seems appropriate, I was surprised there wasn't a dedicated pedal thread.
sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarosh View Post
Haha, sorry for my lack of presence, been pretty busy working lately. The name change seems appropriate, I was surprised there wasn't a dedicated pedal thread.
You are forgiven. And hopefully a mod sees it because I dont want to spam up their inbox with thread title requests.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #36 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
Can you explain those last 2 better I dont understand what you mean?
You've never noticed / experimented with wah placement?

Dude....

Get on that next time you're just noodling, the position of the wah within your effect chain will have a distinct effect on your overall tone. I wouldn't quite describe it the same way as Il Duce does but there's definitely a change in tone depending on whether or not it's before or after the fuzz.

And if you plug in your wah entirely backwards it sounds like that ambient middle bit in Echoes! Seriously though turn down your guitar volume to 0 and slowly bring it up if you try this method of getting controlled feedback / seagull sounds. It's very high pitched and very loud but it works.
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
You've never noticed / experimented with wah placement?

Dude....

Get on that next time you're just noodling, the position of the wah within your effect chain will have a distinct effect on your overall tone. I wouldn't quite describe it the same way as Il Duce does but there's definitely a change in tone depending on whether or not it's before or after the fuzz.

And if you plug in your wah entirely backwards it sounds like that ambient middle bit in Echoes! Seriously though turn down your guitar volume to 0 and slowly bring it up if you try this method of getting controlled feedback / seagull sounds. It's very high pitched and very loud but it works.
Iv experimented plenty. I just didnt understand what he typed. The words made no sense. Playing wah in room vs with room. Still dont understand what you mean.

And personally I always put it first in my effects chain, sounds clearer to me that way, and keep my original tone in place more
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #38 (permalink)
Killed Laura Palmer
 
ThePhanastasio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ashland, KY
Posts: 1,667
Default

I personally have none...but I was chilling at a guitar store, playing with guitars and stuff, and the guy let me check out a few pedals as well.

Eventide Space is the mother****ing man. I am not about to drop $400 on a pedal, because I simply can't afford that right now, but it is fantastic. Great reverb pedal, awesome effects.
__________________

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:28 AM   #39 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
Iv experimented plenty. I just didnt understand what he typed. The words made no sense. Playing wah in room vs with room. Still dont understand what you mean.

And personally I always put it first in my effects chain, sounds clearer to me that way, and keep my original tone in place more
no, just have two pedals - wah and distortion - place it after distortion

or place it backwards as mr. dave suggested
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #40 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In my studio
Posts: 20
Default

I have one. A Boss MG.
DogmaticRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.