Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Talk Instruments
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 04:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 48
Default Instrument used for Bass?

What is the instrument used for creating bass like the one in hiphop bass?

And what is the best sub-instrument for getting a big ass bass?

I am trying to make a beat so... yeah
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,730
Default

Probably a bass guitar.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
I am trying to make a beat so... yeah
I'm assuming you're looking for something more in line with the more club sounding stuff. A bass guitar is the obvious answer for old school funky style but if you want something that sounds more like heavily processed subsonic club / Drum n Bass side of the fence you'll want to get a synthesizer. Any old synth is going to have preset bass tones, but it's up to you and your ears to figure out which bass tone you like the most.
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

A tuba is the instrument you're looking for.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

are you making this with only your computer?
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
I'm assuming you're looking for something more in line with the more club sounding stuff. A bass guitar is the obvious answer for old school funky style but if you want something that sounds more like heavily processed subsonic club / Drum n Bass side of the fence you'll want to get a synthesizer. Any old synth is going to have preset bass tones, but it's up to you and your ears to figure out which bass tone you like the most.
Thanks dude. synthesizer is definitely what I needed :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zevokes View Post
are you making this with only your computer?
Yeah using mixcraft
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Groupie
 
ViciousVixsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas >_<
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
What is the instrument used for creating bass like the one in hiphop bass?

And what is the best sub-instrument for getting a big ass bass?

I am trying to make a beat so... yeah
So my boyfriend says you should stick to a software synth that has a sine wave oscillator. Google if you need to do some reading to know the difference. Basically, the sine waves can really have a fantastic sound in the low-end and sub-octave frequencies, especially if you can really juice the amp you're using. Run through a PA with a nice speaker, crank and mic if you need to.

What ever the hell all of that means.
ViciousVixsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousVixsyn View Post
So my boyfriend says you should stick to a software synth that has a sine wave oscillator. Google if you need to do some reading to know the difference. Basically, the sine waves can really have a fantastic sound in the low-end and sub-octave frequencies, especially if you can really juice the amp you're using. Run through a PA with a nice speaker, crank and mic if you need to.

What ever the hell all of that means.
you're right about the synth... but throwing a mic in there would be right hilarious. are you dating skrillex by any chance?
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.