Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Talk Instruments
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Funkypeanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 6
Default Synths, keyboards etc. ?

Hey!

Are there a lot of keyboard players here? Just got here so anyway, I thought it would be nice to discuss your keys setup here.
Here's my gear/home studio in the picture.
-Nord stage EX 88 for the basic rhodes/piano/wurli/clavi and hammond stuff.
-A very nice Juno 60, for the fattest, most awesome analogue pads available.
-Moog little phatty. For every moog bassline and lead sound. Love this one. Always sounds nice.
-Roland jp 8000. Just bought this one, but I really fell in love with it. Great Super saw sounds for dance, lush pads, and great smooth or aggressive leadsounds!

For other bread and butter sounds I use a Motif ES 7, but I'm trying to get rid of it actually...

Ok well curious to your own Key-babies
Attached Thumbnails
Synths, keyboards etc. ?-1921926_10153962470630427_244591149_n.jpg  
Funkypeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,144
Default

Running my keyboards through my guitar delay pedal did no problem for it, and it sounded fine when I amplified it on my Line 6.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Running my keyboards through my guitar delay pedal did no problem for it, and it sounded fine when I amplified it on my Line 6.
What make and model was the delay? (...if you don't mind me asking.)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ? Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ? ???? ? ? ?????
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
What make and model was the delay? (...if you don't mind me asking.)
I've used two. One was a Boss DD-6 delay and the other was a Behringer DD400 (avoid the latter on all cost unless you want a pedal that catches fire).
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I've used two. One was a Boss DD-6 delay and the other was a Behringer DD400 (avoid the latter on all cost unless you want a pedal that catches fire).
lol They are basically cheap imitations of Boss pedals. It didn't catch fire with keyboard plugged into it by chance, did it?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ? Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ? ???? ? ? ?????
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
lol They are basically cheap imitations of Boss pedals. It didn't catch fire with keyboard plugged into it by chance, did it?
Nah, that was kind of my fault. I had it going out to three different amps.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.