Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Talk Instruments
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
V8s & 12 Bars
 
EPOCH6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 955
Default

Your gear makes my mouth water but I've already gone so crazy on gear this year, I need to stop. Kudos on keeping that Tele, it's an absolute masterpiece and ought to stay in your family as long as possible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbycob View Post
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,721
Default

What are you selling the Marshall head and cab for?
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Scuttle Buttin'
 
Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boulder Colorado
Posts: 961
Default

Might be interested in the Wildwood. My old guitar teacher (30 years ago) owns Wildwood. Those are great guitars.
Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
What are you selling the Marshall head and cab for?
I can do the set for $650 not including shipping or paypal. Shoot me a PM if you want to chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss View Post
Might be interested in the Wildwood. My old guitar teacher (30 years ago) owns Wildwood. Those are great guitars.
Ya, it's super light and resonant swamp ash. The trem block has been upgraded to one that has a nylon bushing so the arm stays nice and snug. It's also got the slightly shorter David Gilmour style trem arm.

Shoot me a PM if you want to talk price. Thanks.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Unless you're hurting for cash I'd recommend holding onto your equipment. 42 years is a long time, but it's also a long time to drop something you've put so much time and energy into. I've only played guitar for 13 years and 2 years ago I thought I put it behind me to focus on banjo and mandolin, then last year it was just banjo, mandolin, blues/ folk/ jazz, and now this year all I want to do is shred. Again, you've got more than triple the years on me, but it's better to have something and not need it than need it and not have it.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Unless you're hurting for cash I'd recommend holding onto your equipment. 42 years is a long time, but it's also a long time to drop something you've put so much time and energy into. I've only played guitar for 13 years and 2 years ago I thought I put it behind me to focus on banjo and mandolin, then last year it was just banjo, mandolin, blues/ folk/ jazz, and now this year all I want to do is shred. Again, you've got more than triple the years on me, but it's better to have something and not need it than need it and not have it.
I gave him the same advice in my PM to him about this pretty much. He's still holding onto one of his Teles, so there's always hope for a new Chula rock day.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I gave him the same advice in my PM to him about this pretty much. He's still holding onto one of his Teles, so there's always hope for a new Chula rock day.
Who says I don't rock like a mother on the acoustic?
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Who says I don't rock like a mother on the acoustic?
Dad rock quote #284
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:17 AM   #19 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Who says I don't rock like a mother on the acoustic?
You never know when you'll need that refreshing electric buzz. I can rock an acoustic as well.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #20 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You never know when you'll need that refreshing electric buzz.
Ya, I know. I'm gonna try to track down an old Rockman. Not the Dunlop version but an original one.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.