Music Banter - View Single Post - Hi, would you rate my lyrics please?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Im not trying to be mean or anything just to be honest. This is filled with so many used cliches. Seeing light and rhyming it with holding tight seems like a super easy way out of a real rhyme. The chorus especially needs some personalization.

I think you are off to a good start and you clearly know how to go about writing a song. BUT keep in mind how many love songs have been written in history. Do you want this to get lost in the masses of democracy?
Exactly. That type of writing has become so cliche. It's kind of hard to write a love song without it being a cliche and sounding really corny these days. Bob Dylan was great at writing love songs without sounding really cliche. Its something I try to do when writing, it's no easy task. The first thing that comes to mind for most people when they're writing a song is love. Love songs in general have almost become a cliche. I'm not a huge Maynard Keenan fan but i think he does a great job of writing lyrics that aren't cliche or typical.

Don't pay attention to how many times I use the word "cliche".

But of course even if the lyrics aren't great, the music as a whole can still be good.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote