Music Banter - View Single Post - skyrim
Thread: skyrim
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #398 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
^I think it really depends on how you want to approach the game. I know a lot of people seem to have the attitude of trying to 100% complete it within a single play. That seems kind of foolish to me, sure it can be done but I'd rather tailor a character for one particular play which then allows and affords better replayability due to still having some 'new' content for a different build.

It's rather normal and sensible for you to have really high stats in your main abilities while others are non-existent, don't sweat it. It's not like you won't be able to use magic so much as you won't be as effective with it. Another option instead of loading up on magic is to load up on potions which will provide similar effects.
I'm not to worried about mastering only one vein for replayability as there's enough variation in the quests to deter me from playing it again.

I've brought my other fighting attributes up considerably since the last time I've posted (two-handed - 85, one handed - 68, archery - 40, heavy armor - 65, light armor - 50). I've all but abandoned destruction magic (it takes me a good half a minute to kill a random bandit with destruction spells), but it's gotten to the point where I don't feel like I need it anyways, as I've completed the Winterhold College and Dark Brotherhood questlines, along with the Civil War questline (which was unbelievably easy, which was a bit disappointing).

The disparity in difficulty in some quests are really noticeable for me (probably because of my skill with melee weapons as opposed to magic, I guess). I walked through the civil war questline, but it took me like 20 tries at least to kill that Knevel guy in that Volunruud sidequest, and I lost my best follower doing it. The final room battle with Patema and the mage in the Temple of Meridia were unbelievably tough as well.

Last edited by Thom Yorke; 08-09-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote