Music Banter - View Single Post - Am I the only one who doesn't like Nirvana...
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #61 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Jam View Post
AiC made a very good record called Dirt. I would check it out. Most of their other music is pretty much junk...save both Sap and Jar of Flies...two very good EP's by the band.
I like you already. But you'd probably get a better response from members if you didn't try and impose your opinion on them so much, gentle goading tends to work better Just think of them as cattle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Jam View Post
Where Pearl Jam really was musically talented, big arena music, Nirvana was stripped down. The former looked to elaborate monumental rock such as Led Zeppelin for inspiration in their music while the latter looked to bands like the Pixies and the Wipers.
I've said the same thing on here myself on at least two occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
Like Ghost Jam said, one of the major elements about Nirvana (same as the Beatles) was being there. You do not (and cannot) truly grasp how relevant the band was if you weren't there to experience it. It's not to say they were the only group, or the best group, but they were the one at the top of the pile. Somehow for whatever reason they found a way to resonate with the rest of us.
The problem is, that there's not too many people on the forum to actually remember Nirvana when they first came out. I thought they were amazing when I first saw them and I still think they're amazing today, when I actually do listen to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem with Rock Music is that it tends to be somewhat predictable which is often either a really good singer/weird or a average singer/Annoying (like Cobain).
As usual you have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
Ghost Jam, you are overreacting. Your statements are redicilous.
If anybody looked at the bulk of your posts, they'd say much the same thing.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote