Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest songwriting duo ever ?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Of course I listen to a lot of pop and don't really consider myself a proghead at all. About Benny and Bjørn, I feel like I've heard enough ABBA to last me a lifetime, starting with LPs from when I was a kid. But there's no denying they wrote great pop songs - and lots of them. My personal favorites may be Voulez Vous and SOS
They weren't too popular here, so they never worn on me. I can take them or leave them depending on the song. But I still love SOS, Pete Townsend said it was the greatest Pop song ever written. What I like about it is like a mini Prog song, under three and a half minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenotaph View Post
I was just about to post that. Even though they butted heads a lot, I feel that the tension they had helped create an amazing result. The same can be said about Michael Rother and Thomas Dinger of Neu.
It wasn't a writing partnership like Elton and a Bernie Taupin were like everything was a colabortain. They did write some songs together, but Lou Reed singularly gets the credit for something like 73% of the songs on VU & Nico. But I'm not saying the Cale or the other had no imput, even Moe got credit on European son, and the band as a whole contribute to the music as a whole. Still "Sunday Morning" is enough to mention them.

I guess another example would be Mike Love and Brian Wilson there a few songs, but Brian wrote most, some with outside (of the band) help.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote