Music Banter - View Single Post - The Relationship Thread.
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 06:13 PM   #606 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I have the same problem. Without behavioral therapy though, I think it's something that you never just "get the hang of" if it's some kind of developmental thing, like autism or whatever.

Best I can tell you is to be aware of what a person's face is doing. A lot of the time I'll be talking to someone, but I'll only be passively paying attention to their facial expressions, so even if I have some idea of how they're feeling or thinking on the inside, it won't really register. It's not something I do on purpose, for some reason it just doesn't feel like interpreting someone's facial expressions and body language should be as important as it apparently is. If that's how you are, then don't do that.
This is what worries me. It would explain a lot if I had some form of high functioning autism because reading others has never been something I've been good at. Especially with facial expressions or eye-contact. I don't usually make eye contact with people when I talk to them, if I do it's more out of guilt because people seem offended... but I find it extremely overwhelming whether I'm attracted to a person or not. I guess the difference is it's very important to me to understand what people are feeling, I just don't feel like I do unless it's really obvious.

@Ori, it's not so much rejection that concerns me as much as it is just frustration with the thought of there being more going on then I'm able to understand.
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote