Music Banter - View Single Post - The Future of Prog looking forward, Grim?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 04:16 PM   #79 (permalink)
Tributary Records
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tributary Records View Post
This is our label site:

[Spammy bull**** deleted by mod]

We are a boutique label, but we are the original [LABEL NAME REMOVRD] Label. Someone came along later and used our name, not worth fighting over. We formed in 1998.

Our site is a Flash site, it's designed for laptop or desktop computers, not iPhones or small screen devices. Hopefully it won't come up on those. We have combined and worked with artists and photographers, actors, performing arts etc.

Recent quality upgrades by youtube has raised our interest in posting some things there, so we just put up a channel a couple of weeks ago.

Here is a recent collaboration with master painter Teddy Fisher - Art Rock Circus

In 1996 we staged a large scale Rock Opera in Las Vegas at The Flamingo Theater. It did two runs there and then a 6 week run in Los Angeles in 2004. We never released a video of the production because to be honest, it was too dark in the theater. Had we booked an extra week to try and light all the scenes properly, then I think it could have been considered. But we have been going through the three camera footage recently to commemorate the 20 year anniversary of the event. We did get some great stills, but the event was really meant to be experienced live. The audio recording capture the second night was excellent. We did release that and it sold quite well for us back before all the file sharing stuff "Napster", "Kazar" etc took over and changed things. It really hurt the artists and labels.

All of our artists and projects are live bands or performers. Since the decline of record sales, we have been able to continue onward from other sources of funding like art grants and endowments. Actually it's a much better way of going about things, because when we are given funding, it's more philanthropic so we can keep control over the creative menu.

I don't think we ever could have done this by sending links or digital files of our work to Art Foundations. It just doesn't make the same impact. Not anywhere close. People come to our performances or participate and want to get involved.

The inherent nature of anything internet is simply disposable. It is convenient for basis stuff… such as this.
This post was not intended to be spam. I think that is quite an unfair assessment.

Someone was questioning the credibility of our label and why only three youtube posts. We are a prog / art rock label since 1998. Been around quite a while now. We are a part, a small part of the future of prog, so I don't think it's off topic either.
Tributary Records is offline   Reply With Quote