Music Banter - View Single Post - Should perma-banned members be given another chance?
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 08:58 AM   #81 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
So you agree then that they should be allowed to post again just on a new account?
Absolutely not. You mean like sockpuppets? That should only happen if permission is given, or the old account can be activated, I don't care. But nobody should be able to "cleverly" circumvent the rules, is the point.
Quote:

JWB signs up every now and then. Actually both of them have posted since the bans so point a) I would say yes and as for the second two questions JWB was hardly abusive or a c*nt so not sure what he'd have to change tbh. What was he banned for TH?
The problem with JWB, and I do like the guy, is that he continually pushes the mods' buttons (nearly wrote "bottoms" there! That could have been interesting! ) by posting sockpuppet accounts, knowing he's banned. I think originally he was banned for something to do with racial slurs? Jews maybe? I don't know. Maybe he got at someone personally. I really can't remember and I don't actually know, but he always seemed to be riding the edges, metaphorically dropping his pants and sticking his arse out the window and giving the cops (our mods) the finger, saying "Go on, arrest me, I dare ya!" so it wasn't a surprise.

I'll be interested to see what Ori says to my last post, if he replies. WHY should these people be let back in? What have they done to deserve it, and why now? Have any of them agreed to change/behave/obey the rules? In my opinion, it's not enough to say they've been banned long enough and there's no other reason. Do you let a mass murderer out of jail just because you think he's learned his lesson? Yeah, that's right: I compared them to mass murderers. Of the forum, sure.