Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 09:53 AM   #58583 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
I think it's pretty arrogant to bring a sentient being into this world without their consent and then force them to go through life because they think it'd be nice to have a kid.
^ When I read this sentence, it immediately made me wonder if there's a way to bring a sentient being into this world with its consent. Please advise.

I'm sure many of us remember ladyislingering's monster thread, and all the controversy that it sparked off. I'm hoping no-one is keen to relive that debate, so although I'm putting a link, I'm also asking, Please don't add to the 48 pages of posts that it already has:- LiL's Many Benefits of a Child-free Life:https://www.musicbanter.com/current-...free-life.html

I know some of you here have had terrible first-hand experience of abusive or irresponsible (step)parents. I can't imagine how awful some of those scenarios that you lived through must have been - but let's not forget that there are also some good guys around. Personally, I applaud [MERIT] if he's entertaining his son for the weekend - and when he mentioned Lego, he reminded me of many contented hours that I have spent, first as a child, then as a father playing with Lego. Some music to listen to, some casual conversation and a box of Lego to share; if you're lucky, this is the stuff that good memories are made of.