Music Banter - View Single Post - MicShazam will listen to anything.
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 04:09 PM   #222 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
1. Fair enough on Tzuke. I just thought she aped her mentor Elton John's style a bit too much until 1989's Turning Stones, but that's a discussion for another day. She's a fan of Toto as well now that I think about it, atleast the first two albums.

2. I wasn't talking about popularity = quality. I'm saying you come off as dismissive. But like you said, maybe you'll come back to something in the future and change your mind. It's no big deal, but you should know what I'm talking about because you have experienced others not liking what you've shared for seemingly inscrutable reasons.
Answer to #1: I gotta say I honestly fail to see any significant similarity between the music of Elton John and Judie Tzuke. And Toto, for that matter.

Answer to #2: I've listened to several Toto albums at this point, so I don't think it's fair to expect much more from me. It would count as dismissive if I'd only skimmed, but that's far from what I've actually done. If I beat myself over the head with Toto's music again and again but still don't connect with it, then I'm not likely to suddenly love them. Never say never, of course. I took a long time to warm to some artists/bands.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote