Music Banter - View Single Post - Joe Biden Love Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 10:41 AM   #61 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

That's a good, solid analysis of how the candidacy for the next election is playing out, SGR !

I agree that with the GOP swallowing 2 impeachments like children under threat taking their medicine, the Jan 6th Commission is unlikely to come up with that "political killshot" you mention. But also, as you say, it's working to Dems advantage for as long as the investigation is in the news. Drip by drip, it's driving home the message; this was a coup to overthrow the results of an election and disrupt the peaceful transition of power.

Trump & Biden both have age working against them, and my suspicion is that Trump would prefer to be "kingmaker" in Mar-a-lago than actual President. For a guy who likes golf and cable tv, I bet in many ways he's glad to be out of the Oval Office with all its tedious responsibilities.

I'd forgotten how he scuppered the Republican turn-out of voters in Georgia -once in the run-offs, I think, and again with his "vote for Stacey Abrams" message. And clearly, SGR, you are not on the Trump supporter's mailing list, or you would've seen this, just a week ago (Oct 13):-

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump claimed his supporters would sit out future elections if the Republican Party did not address his baseless claims that the 2020 presidential election was rigged against him.

"If we don't solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in '22 or '24," Trump said in a statement emailed to his supporters on Wednesday.

"It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do," he added
I'm hoping you're wrong with your prediction of the infrastructure bills failing. Certainly, that will spell disaster for the Dems, as will the voter supression issues if they don't do something to counteract what the GOP is currently doing state by state to skew or overturn election results. As if two ways of catastrophic failure weren't enough, the Biden admin also needs to show some progress on the economic recovery if they want to be invited back next term.

A prediction of yours that I'm happier with: AOC for President! That would be something to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I swear to god Lisna we'll get that liberalism out of you if we have to beat it out with a shovel.
(then checks to see that my address is not in my "User CP" profile)