Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #343 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
What a load of crap. =/

Hey 2boo, I think I figured out what your next entry should be.
What would that be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521 View Post
I wonder if Nintendo is just very discriminating and, in a lot of cases, turns down games that they just don't feel are the right fit for them. I remember reading that it was Nintendo's decision not to release the new GTA game on the Wii (although, from what I've heard, No More Heroes seems much more interesting anyway) but they are coming out with a GTA game for the DS. They said they just didn't feel that the new GTA game was suited to their system, if I remember right...and I think it's very impressive if a console maker is thinking longterm about what their overall games library will look like. Maybe they're trying to be careful about that so they don't end up getting a bad rap like they did over the Gamecube? Anyway, I love the idea of a game system having, almost, a soul...so that some games fit it and some games just don't...it sort of humanizes the hardware (sorry if that sounds insane); I do think that Nintendo has always been the best at giving the public a clear image of what they're all about...compared to the ingenious and timeless Nintendo mascots the other consoles are kind of faceless, in less you want to count the Halo guy as the face of XBOX, but I don't think that's a very inviting face. Also, I really respect Nintendo for going they're own way and not simply trying to keep up with Sony and Microsoft (graphically and otherwise). I mean, what's the point of having three consoles that are all expensive if they're all the same? I'm sorry, but I'm not investing tons of money for a few exclusives (no matter how badly I want to play Little Big Planet).
1. Nintendo used to be very conservative when it came to censoring content in games but now they are very lenient. After all they did allow games like Manhunt 2, Mortal Kombat Armageddon and Bully to be released on the Wii without anything being censored. And then you have games like Splatterhouse which features very graphic violence and Devil's Crush which has a lot of referenes to the occult, both now for the virtual console.

2. I think you're right, every console has a "personality", which is what the Wii is being criticized for.

Nintendos demographic dosen't consist of the GTA kind of crowd, so I don't think that will hurt Nintendo. But they already have games like Bully and No More Heroes for the system, so it dosen't make a lot of sense.

3. I'm right with ya there buddy.

Quote:
Boo Boo, if you had to make a top ten games of all time list, what might it contain?
Hmm, objectively and not just a personal top 10?

Objectively? I'd say the top 10 greatest games of all time would be something like this.

Ocarina of Time
Super Mario Bros 3
Street Fighter II
Final Fantasy III (yeah, I hate calling it VI)
Doom
Grand Theft Auto III
Link to the Past
Super Mario 64
Civilization II
Super Mario Bros

That's about right, but my top 10 favorite games (at the moment) would be something like this.

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Ocarina of Time
Super Mario Bros 3
Street Fighter II
Link to the Past
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
TMNT IV: Turtles in Time
Super Mario Galaxy
Star Fox 64
Super Mario World

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote