Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 10:51 PM   #113 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktarist View Post
I think you've found your niché--it's not really love songs, but you are a master at storytelling. You have proven yourself best at that, thus far, and your song Africa--that's what it needs. It needs to be a proper story. If you could do that without trying to outright describe the culture (you only need to drop hints here and there), I think you would have a most perfect song.

peace,
-nick
Hi Nick,
Thanks for reading and for appreciating the storytelling, as well as for your suggestion to make "Africa" more of a story than a documentary about life in Africa (good advice). I do like telling stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenkin View Post
I liked this one, when my headache goes away ill critique it more
Hi Ravenkin,
Sorry about your headache. Those are no fun. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainfall View Post
@Nicktarist
Why does age matter? I'm met eight year-olds who are smarter and more mature than my own father (which may not say much, really); critism is critism; if you don't agree with it, you don't have to take their messages to heart.

If a a child speaks words of wisdom, does her age taint her message?

@Erica
May I inform you why I eat the tasty animals you are trying so hard to save (which I applaud, in an indirect way)?
One day I will sit down and read all your stuff, but not tonight.
Hiya Rainfall,
Yes, I quite agree, age doesn't matter. And yes yes yes I'd very much like to hear more about your reasons for eating animals (like we've talked about in PMs) because I'm trying to write songs that address the reasons people often have for eating omnivorous diets. Thank you for offering!

--Erica
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote