Music Banter - View Single Post - I-Doser
Thread: I-Doser
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 07:06 PM   #131 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
You have to "practice" so your brain will become more used to the way this thing works. It's call and response, ie the frequences played in the beat attempt to get your brain to follow suit and operate on those frequencies.

After so many sessions your brain will reconize the attempt better and you'll get a better response.

Or atleast that's what a professor at my (community) college said. He seems to think they are plausable but says enough tests haven't been done.

"Practice" is basically my word for gradual brain entrainment. It's really not that far fetched... it's just exagerrated to death by the company who, of course, wants to make money.

They are fun simulations of the real thing. I think you guys may need to read up on what a placebo really is.
But we're still left with, assuming someone has "practiced" enough, the basic effect of Binaural Beat phenomenon. That, in itself, produces effects depending on the frequency range that's currently being produced. But these effects are in no way comparable to the main psychoactive effects of, say, weed.
The tendency for the mind to compare the Binaural experience to the advertised drug experience is where the placebo effect kicks in (If you don't know the drug, like in your experiment, then guess what... the connection was made when you found out what it was, having never done heroin.). In some people, this may be a minor manipulation, yet in others, it can be a major thing. The word "susceptibility", even as described in the I-Doser disclaimers themselves, are really describing the susceptibility of people to be physically influenced by the placebo effect.

Again, I'm not saying that the Binaural Beat phenomenon is a placebo. I'm saying the extra expectations added to this phenomenon by the I-Doser company most certainly is. And if you find yourself experiencing drug effects, you're either not very versed in actual drug effects, or you're... "Susceptible".

By the way, special brownies (or any ingested marijuana) do have a mild effect when compared to smoking. The duration of the high is longer, but far less intense. And you have to eat a lot for there to even be a comparable feeling.
If I were you, I wouldn't compare your ingestion experience to a baseline pot high.
I do, however, encourage you to get some good dank, and smoke the crap out of it at least once.
You might end up agreeing with me afterwards.