Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official World Cup 2010 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #506 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
England did a horrendous game, they don't deserve to progress. Rooney was the worst player on the field, I don't understand why they keep him when he obviously can't perform on a national level.
This made me laugh. Yeah, we should get rid of Rooney.

Rooney played badly last night, yes. But you cant condemn a strikers performance when the team as a whole cant manage to string a few passes together and instead launch long balls into the box aimlessly which of course is not playing to Rooneys strengths at all. Gerrard just behind supporting him, slotting balls behind the defence and over the top for him to run onto and it could be a different story. Of course you could find examples of bad Rooney performances in the big games, for club and country but to claim that he cant perform on such a level is ridiculous.

Carragher looked so unfit, he looked as though he had a vindaloo and a skinfull the night before. Heskey was working hard to win the ball back but offered very little else and shouldnt even be on the plane when we could have Darren Bent sitting on the bench waiting to inject some pace and a threat into a game like that. Gerrard and Rooney had an awful touch and just couldnt link up well together in that kind of a formation. Lennon was the best player on the field, in my opinion. He looked dangerous, he looked up for it and he even put a couple of great crosses in and so of course, he had to come off in a like for like switch with a lesser player.

I hadnt questioned Cappello's management before the world cup but i am now.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote