Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Album Reviews
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
Uh, I think it makes the album. It's his blandest musically.
Probably because most of his effort was put into making Digital Ash completely different stylewise than any of his other albums. I think he was trying to make a point with the simplicity of I'm Wide Awake compared to the way Digital Ash was produced..
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

I think he probably put more effort into Wide Awake than Digital Ash. Digital Ash is more Mike Mogis's chance to shine while Wide Awake is basically all Conor.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,893
Default

I think I'm Wide Awake is Conor doing what he does naturally, as far as making the album personal I could see what you mean, but I think Digital Ash was probably a much bigger headache and much more time consuming.
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Yeah but I think Mike Mogis was much more in control of the music side of things than Conor was on that album because electronics/producing has always been the Mogis side of things. There's only a few songs on there like a Theme to Pinata that I think Conor did a bunch of stuff on.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack fire drill View Post
Yeah but I think Mike Mogis was much more in control of the music side of things than Conor was on that album because electronics/producing has always been the Mogis side of things. There's only a few songs on there like a Theme to Pinata that I think Conor did a bunch of stuff on.
Oh I'm not disagreeing with you on that at all, I just think it would be a bitch to make an album that is completely different stylistically than anything previously done before.
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Well he'd briefly dabbled with it on some tracks on Fevers & Mirrors but yeah Digital Ash did probably take more songwriting effort.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

I love Digital Ash personally. Arc Of Time especially.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.