Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Album Reviews
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: How would you rate this album?
Great, Classic 49 32.67%
Flawless 13 8.67%
Good 52 34.67%
Ok 25 16.67%
Bad 5 3.33%
Terrible! 6 4.00%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2007, 10:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHDTV View Post
You're in the minority in disagreement there man.
Its one of their most mediocre songs. Theres no vocal variation its far from his best vocal performance. And good lyrics? "Young kentucky girl in a push-up bra / Fallin all over myself / To lick your heart and taste your health cause / With the birds Ill share this lonely view" that sounds like bad teenage poetry.

Flea and Smith are completely average on this song, as is Kiedis, except for his lyrics which blow, though to be fair hes not one of the best songwriters in the world. The only part i'll give you is Frusciante being good on this, but I wouldn't expect him to be bad since hes the most talented member of RHCP.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Bitchfarmer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Between the minarettes, down the Casbah way.
Posts: 983
Default

A song rating poll you say?
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Yup.

Because I chose to play the fool in a six-piece band,
First-night nerves every one-night stand.
I should be glad to be so inclined.
What a waste! What a waste!
But I don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Nirvana pisses over David Bowie and Nirvana isn't even that good.
Frances is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 10:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Berkeley, California
Posts: 697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Its one of their most mediocre songs. Theres no vocal variation its far from his best vocal performance. And good lyrics? "Young kentucky girl in a push-up bra / Fallin all over myself / To lick your heart and taste your health cause / With the birds Ill share this lonely view" that sounds like bad teenage poetry.

Flea and Smith are completely average on this song, as is Kiedis, except for his lyrics which blow, though to be fair hes not one of the best songwriters in the world. The only part i'll give you is Frusciante being good on this, but I wouldn't expect him to be bad since hes the most talented member of RHCP.
In songwriting and musicianship, certainly, but pure msuicianship? No way. You seem a big fan of teenage angst poetry Crow. Anyway, I might be getting a litle ahead myself with 'great lyrics' but their hardly the worst in the world. I fail to see how the vocal is so bad. It's certainly better than Otherside.
__________________
Quote:
The Beach Boys are better than Pink Floyd ever was.
Quoted for untruth.

Finally, a signature that's chewy not chalky!

Let's agree to disagree.
MHDTV is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 10:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bitchfarmer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Between the minarettes, down the Casbah way.
Posts: 983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHDTV View Post
In songwriting and musicianship, certainly, but pure msuicianship? No way. You seem a big fan of teenage angst poetry Cow. Anyway, I might be getting a litle ahead myself with 'great lyrics' but their hardly the worst in the world. I fail tosee how the vocal is so bad. It's certainly better than Otherside.
haha, he called you Cow.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Yup.

Because I chose to play the fool in a six-piece band,
First-night nerves every one-night stand.
I should be glad to be so inclined.
What a waste! What a waste!
But I don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Nirvana pisses over David Bowie and Nirvana isn't even that good.
Frances is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 10:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Berkeley, California
Posts: 697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
haha, he called you Cow.
Cow? You must be going blind Frances, it's Crowquill, not Cowquill.
__________________
Quote:
The Beach Boys are better than Pink Floyd ever was.
Quoted for untruth.

Finally, a signature that's chewy not chalky!

Let's agree to disagree.
MHDTV is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Scar Tissue a 10 star song? uhh...
Why not? It's one of my favorites off the album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Its one of their most mediocre songs. Theres no vocal variation its far from his best vocal performance. And good lyrics? "Young kentucky girl in a push-up bra / Fallin all over myself / To lick your heart and taste your health cause / With the birds Ill share this lonely view" that sounds like bad teenage poetry.

Flea and Smith are completely average on this song, as is Kiedis, except for his lyrics which blow, though to be fair hes not one of the best songwriters in the world. The only part i'll give you is Frusciante being good on this, but I wouldn't expect him to be bad since hes the most talented member of RHCP.
I don't really like bands for their lyrics anyway. But if you're gonna rant about "bad teenage poetry" aim for something more deserving, like Emo.

I like Keidis's vocals, particularly on this album, though he's by no means a technical great.

I also don't think Fleas bass playing on Callifornicaton is average at all, just because he's not doing his usual slapping and popping, his abillity for strong melodic lines is especially notable on Callifornication.

I also think Flea is the most talented in the band, though Frusciante shines most on this particular album.

Last edited by boo boo; 08-04-2007 at 11:06 PM.
boo boo is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 11:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Berkeley, California
Posts: 697
Default

Chad Smith in second. Frusciante is third with Kiedis a distant last. Which is funny snce Anthony was the frontman, for obvious reasons.
__________________
Quote:
The Beach Boys are better than Pink Floyd ever was.
Quoted for untruth.

Finally, a signature that's chewy not chalky!

Let's agree to disagree.
MHDTV is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 11:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Frusciante >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Smith.
boo boo is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 11:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Berkeley, California
Posts: 697
Default

As a musician?
__________________
Quote:
The Beach Boys are better than Pink Floyd ever was.
Quoted for untruth.

Finally, a signature that's chewy not chalky!

Let's agree to disagree.
MHDTV is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 11:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHDTV View Post
In songwriting and musicianship, certainly, but pure msuicianship? No way. You seem a big fan of teenage angst poetry Crow. Anyway, I might be getting a litle ahead myself with 'great lyrics' but their hardly the worst in the world. I fail to see how the vocal is so bad. It's certainly better than Otherside.
I never said it was bad, I said it was bland. And I do like Frusciante best, but that maybe because I think his solo work is better than RHCP. and teenage angst poetry? Why don't I pull up my favorite verses by the people I call my favorite songwriters?

Blake Sennett: "August i'll see you soon / under yellow moons / where i'll gather whats left of you / and august im on your side / or did I speak too soon? / now we've crossed the great divide"

Elliott Smith: "Drink up, baby, look at the stars / ill kiss you again between the bars / where im seeing you there / with your hands in the air / waiting to finally be caught"

Patrick Wolf: "A boy like me is told he is both nine and ninety / And boy like me should shut those books join the army / but a boy like me would never be seen fighting for peace / I want total chaos and a holiday home in the east"

Will Sheff: "if I could tear his throat / and spill his blood between my jaws / and erase his name for good / don’t you know that I would? / Don't you realize I wouldn’t pause / that I would cut him down with my claws / if I could have somehow never let that happen."

Conor Oberst: "Now that its june, we’ll sleep out in the garden / and if it rains, we’ll just sink in to the mud / where it is quiet and much cooler than the house is / and there's no clocks or phones to wake us up / because i have / learned that nothing is as pressing / as the one who is pressing would like you to believe / and i'm content to walk a little slower / because there's nowhere that i really need to be"

I don't see where you drew that statement from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Why not? It's one of my favorites off the album.
Theres very few songs that I like that I would consider 10/10, the rating on this album he gave is ridiculously high for every song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I don't really like bands for their lyrics anyway. But if you're gonna rant about "bad teenage poetry" aim for something more deserving, like Emo.

I like Keidis's vocals, particularly on this album, though he's by no means a technical great.

I also don't think Fleas bass playing on Callifornicaton is average at all, just because he's not doing his usual slapping and popping, his abillity for strong melodic lines is especially notable on Callifornication.

I also think Flea is the most talented in the band, though Frusciante shines most on this particular album.
I was talking about Scar Tissue, not the entire album.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.