|08-10-2014, 06:00 PM||#41 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jul 2008
This is just preliminary and will probably be edited heavily before the year is up. Pretty crazy how high up house of balloons could end up being. (though it might not stay on my list)
20. The Weeknd - House of Balloons (2011)
19. Morrissey - Viva Hate (1988)
18. The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die (1994)
17. The Cure - The Head on the Door (1985)
16. Gorillaz - Demon Days (2005)
15. MF DOOM - Operation: Doomsday (1999)
14. Sigur Ros - () (2002)
13. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010)
12. Iron & Wine - The Creek Drank the Cradle (2002)
11. Weezer - Blue Album (1994)
10. Elliott Smith - XO (1998)
9. The Avett Brothers – Emotionalism (2007)
8. The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
7. Radiohead - Kid A (2000)
6. Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning (2005)
5. Kanye West - The College Dropout (2004)
4. Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago (2008)
3. The Smiths - The Queen is Dead (1986)
2. Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon (2001)
1. Sufjan Stevens - Illinois (2005)
|08-10-2014, 08:27 PM||#42 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Say if only one person has say e.g. Radiohead - Kid A at 7 that would be the same score as Rubber Soul with 7 points with 3 mentions all which are a higher ranking. Rubber Soul could have an average of 2.33... and a note with how many mentions the album gets. But if Sgt Pepper's had nine #1s and one #20 that would be 2.9 and that is lower than Rubber Soul's 2.33.
I think it's hard to come up with a formula Statistically that has a final score that makes sense.
"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
|08-10-2014, 10:18 PM||#43 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jul 2014
Rest assured, everything is groovy.
And to answer the question brought up about my participation to this, I'm totally committed to this, and I'm working on it as soon as I see new entries. My lack of posts within this thread does not mean I'm not here. The one thing I will not do is post what I have been working on so that this does not become a contest to make a certain record the best, this is about each person's who submits a list to be counted. people not associated to magazines or editors with axes to grind or agendas, everyday people.
Can we get to 500?
I think we can, we are well over 100 as of right now and this thread is not even a week old, the thread lasts until the end of the year.
So worry not about me, I will do my duty.
|08-10-2014, 11:51 PM||#45 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Stop pressuring me man. Get off my back.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.
|08-11-2014, 05:50 AM||#46 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jul 2014
e.g. Silver Side Up is ranked #1 only once for a score of 20 x 1 = 20. Nevermind is ranked #15, #16, and #19 for a score of 13 x 3 = 39.
It could also be 2.0 and 3.9.
|08-11-2014, 08:49 AM||#47 (permalink)|
The Big Dog
Join Date: Apr 2011
Good to see them and Weezer so high up.
|08-11-2014, 04:06 PM||#48 (permalink)|
Master Of Muzak
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
20. Dimension - Fifth Dimension (1995)
19. Leon Ware - Rockin' You Eternally (1981)
18. Mahavishnu Orchestra - Apocalypse (1974)
17. Work Of Art - Artwork (2008)
16. Nujabes - Metaphorical Music (2001)
15. Ozric Tentacles - Waterfall Cities (1999)
14. Tatsuro Yamashita - Melodies (1983)
13. Dream Theater - Images & Words (1992)
12. Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - Of Natural History (2004)
11. Goldie - Timeless (1995)
10. Yes - Relayer (1974)
9. Jonn Serrie - And The Stars Go With You (1987)
8. Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine: Biomech (1995)
7. W.A.S.P. - The Headless Children (1989)
6. Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse (1994)
5. Type O Negative - October Rust (1996)
4. David Helpling & Jon Jenkins - The Crossing (2010)
3. Frost* - Milliontown (2006)
2. Tears For Fears - The Seeds Of Love (1989)
1. Moon Safari - [Blomljud] (2008)
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Last edited by Anteater; 08-12-2014 at 09:28 AM.
|08-21-2014, 10:43 AM||#49 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2011
20. Wire - Chairs Missing
19. Tom Waits - Rain Dogs
18. Tipper - Broken Soul Jamboree
17. The Stones Roses - The Stone Roses
16. Talking Heads - Remain in Light
15. Nick Drake - Pink Moon
14. Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam
13. The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
12. Ramones - Rocket to Russia
11. Cat Stevens - Tea for the Tillerman
10. Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe
9. The Clash - London Calling
8. Brian Eno - Another Green World
7. The National - Boxer
6. David Bowie - Low
5. Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas
4. Paul Simon - Graceland
3. The Replacements - Let It Be
2. Elliott Smith - Either/Or
1. The Antlers - Hospice